Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. hey holly. how old u turning, and chris u sound mental in ur last post, Fucking love it!

2. omgholly

omgholly New Member

23! :( I feel so old.

And in the words of Blink182... "nobody likes you when you're 23" :'( lol

I might be 21 again. :D

3. **nikki**

**nikki** New Member

I love being 23 ;D so much better than 22

4. Wed 28th.....sounds promising for some news ai?

5. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Fingers crossed! :-\

6. MattSource5

MattSource5 New Member

don't feel bad mate, that was pretty good, it's just i am a G through and through ;) penarfffffff massive innit haha

7. DanielJ97

DanielJ97 New Member

Just got my email from yummy jobs and again rejected :( very annoyed

8. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better, they don't want me either! :p

9. DanielJ97

DanielJ97 New Member

It's not that mate it's just my girlfriend got accepted last year and is starting the program in feb just eould have been nice and what makes me laugh is she was staying at mine the weekend and michele had to drop off her i797 form for her visa so obviously had a chat with michele about it etc just makes me mad.

10. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Oh god, I didn't get through either. This is the worst thing ever.

11. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

No reply for me yet - though I'll now be keeping an eye on my email super closely.

12. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Nor me :( :'(

13. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

REJECTED!!! :( I'm so gutted!

14. omgholly

omgholly New Member

This seems like a lot of us from here who have been rejected... I wonder if there is any way I can make them reconsider. I might try calling them to ask why and try to get a valid response.

15. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I know they havn't said why we were rejected, just you did get the email about how there was a great no. of appls?

16. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

I'm sorry guys, it sucks that you didn't get through.

There was like 600 manager cuts like last week due to falling visiting number so I guess they could be cutting all jobs down.

Keep applying though!!! :)

17. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Yeah I just called and they said they had a lot more applicants than usual and it's quite a small recruitment window (sept-dec) so there are less jobs. As the website has gone live they have had more applications through that.

They were unable to offer me any advice on what to change that might get me accepted in August. they just said that there were a lot of very good candidates who fitted the role better. I asked what qualities they thought people needed to fit the role but again didn't get an asnwer.

I'm absolutely gutted. I really don't want to give up but I don't think bombarding them with emails will help my case... I might try that as well anyway. (just the one email) I've managed to hold the tears in so far but it's a struggle!! Good luck to everyone else! xx

18. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I really don't know what to do, this was my plan. I finish school in July, and Disney was my plan.

I want to sent them an email but I don't know whether they will budge.

I'm so gutted!!

19. omgholly

omgholly New Member

They might not budge, but at least you've tried.

I'm going to start drafting one now I think. At least that way they might remember me when it comes to August. Gosh... that seems SO far away :(

20. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Hopefully. Argh I don't know what to do, August is ages away, I'll just be wishing my life any now, waiting for then.

I want to find out, the people who got through and see what experience they have, i'll suppose they'll get the GOOD news tomorrow. :( I really wanted to do this, my life just revolves round Disney!