Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

i know its redick.
    as for the whole filled spots, think its just ppl speculating! silly ppl!
    they could at least give us the fone interview n what not!
    :-\

2. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I helped out the HR team at my old office and some of the CVs people sent in were shocking! I literally had some that had just scrawled their name and contact details on a piece of scrap paper. It takes ages to filter out the utter rubbish. Then you get the overly in your face ones that come in colour with photos and word art, its really weird!

Knowing that doesnt make me anymore patient though lol. x

3. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

at least these CV are sent electronically, that makes it more simpler, but still hurry up Yummy please! Desperate people here, who need to know!!

4. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I bet a lot of people post them as well though. Some people dont like the internet! lol

5. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Can you post them?! I thought the only way you could apply was online? ???

6. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Though they encourage online entries, given they have a physical address in London if you sent it in the post I bet they'd read it rather than ignore it.

7. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

did people attach there cover letter to their cv or sent it seperately?

8. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I had my cover letter as page 3 of my CV.

9. This is hilarious! Everyone is so nervous, I am 2 tho. I didnt check my email all day. just checked and nothing...why is this so crap!!!

I am no longer speculating about anything tho! whats done is done. all we can do is wait.

10. omgholly

omgholly New Member

True, but I still think I'm going to panic when the email does pop up. I wonder if the subject will give it away...."Congratulations!/Sorry" or "Application Successful/Unsuccessful" or something. I hope not... makes it a bit more exciting! lol

11. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I know i have checked my email 4 times already today. Every time there's a new email, I'm omg what's my fate going to be! and it a bloody email from amazon telling me the sales are ending soon!!! I don't care about that.

I put my cover letter under Motivationsection on the app.

12. I did the whole online application, then i attached my CV, and on the CV I did a medium sized cover letter including some of my accomplishments regarding my contributions to britian. Like winner of Robert Burns Recital etc anything patriotic, then underneath all my interests, qualifications and work experience.

I tried making it sound casual, but written in a professional way, u know?

I imagine were not gonna find out today then... :'(

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I sent my cover letter separately, and had an email response from Kristen thanking me for it (I sent it to their enquiries address) and I know she handles Canadian applications, so I just hope that they got mine!! :-\

14. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

10 to 5, I'm guessiong not. Way to leave me in suspenders Yummy Jobs.

I copypasta'd my covering letter into the motivations section.

Is it really wierd to have images in your CV, I have some lovely pretty twirly-wirly headers and footers on mine. I thought it would make me memorable.

15. lol, im sure they have. All this speculation is making everyone, including myself very paranoid.

And no twirly images are not weird lol. SEEE PARANOIA! LOL!

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

My CV is very short as because I'm only 17 I've only ever had one proper job, (but I did include my work experience on there) however I've been at that job since November 2007, so I hope it shows commitment to them!! lol

Ahhh everyone else is making me paranoid too!! :-\

17. omgholly

omgholly New Member

If you want photos and twirly wirly bits on your cv, it's totally up to you :)

I can't believe we havent had emails today :( boo

18. I wouldnt worry about, all u can do is be yourself at the end of the day.

19. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

well I am fairly twirly-wirly

but it is paranoia, I just want to get this so much I'm terrified of anything that might hurt my chances

20. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Hey guys need advice. I want to know if we can still e-mail Michelle? coz reading ur posts I feel like i have left so much out to do with representing our country. I dont know if this would help saying i do charity for my council for my town in surrey and I also was a representative for Miss England and had to represent my town through describing the architecture, the history and the changes that England will positively face in the future. Do you think i should let Michelle know as I really need to do this as much as all of u do.