ACCEPTED FOR ICP 2010!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by catfish278, Dec 2, 2009.

1. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

one of my friends was rotated around the shops in the backlands at the studios, and when she worked in the startours shop she got to play at the build your own lightsaber bit haha! And wear the sexy orange costume. There's pretty cool stuff wherever you work :D

Jayne, you're gonna love America! It's so cool you've never been before!!!

2. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

eeee im not sure how you post stuff here!!

I got 2nd may QS Food and Bev! To be honest, I didnt mind what job I got, so I'm happppppppppppppppppppppppy as larry!!!

Anyone done it last year and know what kinda stuff I could be doing?!?

Oh god Im crazily excitedddddd!!!! xx

3. jayne

jayne New Member

Hehe im sure i will ;D

I know its crazy i've never been before...all this is just mad haha!

4. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

June 1st Attractions! Sooo excited ;D

5. captain_kylie

captain_kylie New Member

June 20th - attractions!

I'm so excited! I spent my whole interview talking about jungle cruise and saying some bits from the script and jeff said he could picture me on it so I'm hoping they'll put me on that! But i'm going to be so happy with anything....but haunted mansion...don't think i'd manage in there!

Well done everyone! :)

x

6. jdavies

jdavies New Member

im going on the 20th doing attractions too. add me on facebook jpdav@live.co.uk =]

im getting super excited now but i dont think it has really sunk in yet haha :p

7. Jar

Jar New Member

Ahhh Jungle Cruise..! How I miss thee!

I did Jungle in 08, it was a blast if a bit scary at first. You could very easily get Jungle, if Jeff said that. As for Mansion, theres nothing wrong with that, I can think of many other attraction based job roles you don't want! I still want tower, maybe third time lucky?

8. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Tower of Terror is my favourite ride EVER. ;D

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Emily! :)
    Backlands would have been an awesome place to work, but it doesn't beat the bonnet!
    xx

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I am so jealous of all you guys who know already!

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes exactly. I was a Merchantainer at Towers and Glow in Epcot. It was amazing. Glow carts are so much fun and you get to watch and conduct illuminations when you get those shifs, you dont have as many glowers at Epcot as you do Magic Kingdom or for Fantasmic but we are a great team and have so much fun. You have competitions and challenge to see who will get the best sales and fight over which country to work in, hehe. I loved my area and the people i worked with. Stocking is so much fun as you are free to work at your own pace and you can do so much, where i worked we didnt have to stock constantly as normally the morning stockers did an amazing job and not a lot had to be filled until later on in the afternoon. Generally stocking shifts started at around about 3, unless you were stocking kiosk's which started at around 1. Kiosk stock on a scorching hot day is very tiring and you get run down very easily, but you have your water bottle to cool you down and you can relax in the air con places for a little while.
    I wish i could go back and do some stocking shifts. Merchaindise shifts were great fun aswell, it just gives you a chance to make magic and work with the guests in so many ways, doing magical moments and pin trading, and just starting any conversations with anyone.

12. jayne

jayne New Member

It sounds so much fun, I'm so glad I have been given this role now! ;D what sort of outfit did you have to wear? Like when you were doing the outside stocking in the heat, what would the outfit be like? I know it probably varies depending where you are tho!

13. catfish278

catfish278 Member

My costume in main street merch was a lovely brown and blue tartan skirt down to my ankles with a cream coloured blouse with massive pouffy sleeves, with buttons up your neck and a little blue tie thing.... very HOT. Lucky for me I was in the emporium which just meant air conditioning baby!! :D

It's funny because I really preferred register shifts to stocking... wasn't a fan of stock much! Each to their own!

14. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

just googled my costume and WOOOOOOW its not the worst but its not the most stylish outfit i have ever seen. haha :D

15. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

Ahh my roomie worked at the emporium this summer! We loved stealing her neck tie and just wearing it around the apartment.. haha!
    I worked at Downtown Disney and had lovely beige shorts and a bright red shirt. Which were far too big for me. HOT! haha xx

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

In my area we wore lovely pure white shorts with a flag shirt, i miss my costume so much. My stocking were so much fun as our area was normally very well stocked and so we didnt have to do things quickly, it was great fun and you still got to merchantain at the same time, in my area you had a lot of independence as sometimes you could be the only person in the store depending on what time you are there and you are always alone at Kiosk. Stockers work there own area, but they normally meet up at certain points, keep each other company, hehe. So much fun, i could talk about it forever. Wish i was going back this year :D

17. RSH01

RSH01 New Member

Ive replied to Yummy's congratulations email, but i havent got anything back as of yet? I got my backgorund check form today? Should i get a confirmation email or somthing?

18. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

If you had read the email right you would have seen that if you dont hear by the friday the 11th then contact them. They are very busy and they have informed us that it could take till Friday. So I would say just hold on...

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Apparently my forms have just arrived at my home address so I guess we'll all get them in the next couple of days.

20. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

Yummy said that they would ring everyone to discuss their roles at some point. Has anyone had that phone call yet??