will a UK reprimand stop me from working on the wdwip

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by ratty_lydiate, Aug 2, 2005.

1. ratty_lydiate

ratty_lydiate New Member

okay heres the pickle, me and a freind have been dreaming about going on this wdw summer programme for years, about 3 years ago he was given a reprimand/caution and is having some trouble geting it taken off his file. it does show up on his CRB disclosure. will this stop him from getting a VISA for america?

2. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

i spose its possibe - but the visa is nothing to do with disney really - thats up to the american embassy i think ???

3. Chrissi

Chrissi New Member

I think you have to explain why you have it. They will ask you at your interview

4. ratty_lydiate

ratty_lydiate New Member

im not worried about it at this end, dont think walt disney will mind....i passed to go to sandhurst and they didnt mind, so disney shouldnt...was years ago

its the US embassy im worried about, as i have heard they are very strict on giving visas to people with records, even a caution??? any1 here know of any1 thats got a visa with a caution?

thanks!!!

5. james_wales

james_wales New Member

Hey!

Sorry to hear about the problems, it is a difficult subject that could only really be answered by the embassy, they are probably the best people to ask.

The only thing i do know is that the US Embassy/Immagration are quite strict, my uncle was offered a year working in the states from the company he works for, but his visa was rejected because back in 1997 he got a reprimand for assaulting a chap...but like i say, they probably judge each case on its merits, so contacting the embassy is your best bet.

Hope it all works out for you...
    J.

6. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

it also depends on what you recieved it for, as i no anything related to drugs can lead to a life long ban on entrying the USA,

you best bet is to phone the embassy and ask them about ur chances!

congrates on getting in sandhurst, and good luck with wdw

7. RichardGandy

RichardGandy New Member

I think that something like that is more likely to impact on your ability to get a job with Disney rather than anything to do with the Embassy. You are required to undergo a police backgroud check for your Disney application (if you're accepted) but there is no such requirement for getting a Visa.

Rich