Why do you want to work for Disney?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by toddlystockley, May 2, 2006.

1. toddlystockley

toddlystockley New Member

I want to work at Disney because I want to meet and interact (drink) with different cultures while being in the place where magic happens in the orlando sun...what could be better!

Why do you want to work for disney though??

2. Corinna

Corinna New Member

Hi,

I want to work for disney for the same reasons like you. And I want to improve my english ;D

I want to have a great time and expreience abroad with people from all over the world!!!

I´m looking forward to meet you all at chrismas!!!

3. Corinna

Corinna New Member

oh I mean: experience

I must urgent improve my english ;)

4. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

I am looking forward to working for THE MOUSE becuase I want to experience THE DISNEYW WAY and also to learn new cultures!! I also have worked in customer service for YEARS and I want to see the RIGHT WAY to do it!! :D

5. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

because i love walt disney's dream, disneyworld, and the american way of life and all three combined is lifes greatest event!

6. hockey_town_canada

hockey_town_canada New Member

cause its disney...everyone loves disney...and the people from all over the world that you would meet and the new friends you would make...and the experiance of living in florida ...and the experince of having no snow for an entire year haha....

7. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

I want to get out and have an adventure! Be submerged into living with different cultures but still have the safety of being close to home and a generally english speaking majority in my surroundings. I Love Disney and want to work the Disney Way, as SLG couldn't have put it better!

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I think I have a bit of everyone's in my reason.

I want to work for Disney because of the magic they create, they way they inspire and influence people's lives and I want to be able to help make that magic. I have worked in Guest service for as long as I have worked and it is something I love, feeling like I am helping someone, making someone's day better, and for Disney, it is the most important thing!

With all the mushy stuff aside. I want to have a career with Disney. Specifically in the Human Resource department and I want to learn and experience different cultures and help Disney understand these differences in the HR context. This way, it will help if Disney chooses to venture into new countries in the future and it will give more people the opportunity to experience the Disney magic!

9. Tom19

Tom19 New Member

Yep...good for the resume, a great experience, get to go to Florida, (hopefully) meet lots of really cool people, hopefully get to meet some of the people down there who work in the higher positions, and maybe try and figure out a way to have a career with Disney...

10. floridalizzy

floridalizzy New Member

Hey guys :)

Tom and Mat I think you said it all really!!!!! I fly out on the 4th June working as an attractions hostess cant wait.

liz

11. Nina

Nina New Member

Hey Guys,
    I cant really explain why I want to work for Disney I just have done ever since I went there when I was 14, somehow feels like my life wont be complete if I dont ( Yea sad I Know ;)) Just cant think of a better job than making peoples holidays magical for them! Also think it would just be such a fab experience living and working with so many different people from different cultures!

12. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

hey ive wanted to since i went there when i was 14 too~!

13. Nina

Nina New Member

Cool, kinda sucks though wanting it from when you're still a young'un coz it's a hell of a long wait! Although 6 years ago when I was 14 I dont think there was even a program I could apply for as The Ip program isnt open to Irish applicants and the the academic program which Im gonna apply for is only new ;)
    Come to think of it when I first found this site there was still parts of it "under construction" and defo dont think this forum was here although maybe I just didnt see it and that's prob a good thing too coz my obsession has only gotten worse because of it!!! ;D

14. mickeymarc

mickeymarc Member

id love to work for disney because they have such a great way of dealing with people, their customer service is fantastic and i want to be a part of it.
    i also want to be able to work and live with people from different cultures and ways of life, but my main reason is that i would ultimately love to have a full career with Disney in their shows and this would be my first step.

15. Alexbigmc

Alexbigmc New Member

...si si si

...Simple....easy....I don't wanna have FUN more than FUN....I don't wanna smile...more than SMILE....I will be happy....all together.....day by day....I have had too bad day....Now my life is keep on smiling....Please...if is a dream...I don't want to wake up!!! I'm so sorry for my bad English...I forgot to say...That I'll be there also to improve language...ahahahahah I love you baby!!!

16. monkian

monkian New Member

i have wanted to work for disney since i was 12....i am such a disney dork...my whole family are... i wanted to give memories to kids the way disney gave my memories...and still does...sure i wanna have fun etc etc...but more than that i wanna work for the mouse...i won't even complain when they treat me like a slave!!! i don't care what it will do for my cv...its alll just mega bonuses that are added to the fact i get to work in disney world!!! yes i know i'm a freak...but i DON'T CARE!!!

go micky, go mickey