When should I Apply

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by JessicaPowell1, Mar 4, 2011.

1. JessicaPowell1

JessicaPowell1 New Member

Hello I am currently only 16 as I have quiet a late Birthday June ....
    I want to participate in this program in my gap year July 2012 - Sep 2013 and I was wondering as I am only 18 in the June of 2012 if this is possible, if so when should I apply, and is it possible to go out at this time of the year??
    Thankyou very much. I am a DisneyAholic, and this has been my dream for years :D

2. mushu

mushu New Member

Guys fill in the gaps here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure you'll make it out for summer of 2012...

Firstly, applications have just closed for positions in the first half of 2012 and may not open again until much later in 2011. Currently we have no idea when this will be because Yummy Jobs (the recruiters for the UK) have just changed the frequency they do the applications at.

Secondly, I think you have to be 18 when your visa is issued or something like that, and that happens about a month before you leave.

Basically, I'm not sure but these are the possible reasons why you might not.

You can always contact Yummy Jobs closer to the time. You should definately bear this in mind, and you will find other people saying the same thing elsewhere on this forum: there is a lot of uncertainty and confusion at the moment regarding dates for applications and start dates too.
    You can always email enquiries@yummyjobs.com

Would you definately need to be back in time for September 2013, like for studying or something?

3. xSmidgex

xSmidgex New Member

the only thing i would add to that is i'm sure you have to be 18 at the time of the face to face interview to meet the disney recruiters etc which is obviously a little while before you would end up going to the embassy depending on your start date etc but apart from that your pretty much on the mark as far as i know :)