When are applications accepted next?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Taylor_18, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Taylor_18

Taylor_18 New Member

Hi, I live in Canada and I was just wondering if anyone knew of dates that applications would be open again? I understand that I have missed my chance for this year as the interviews went through last month, but I am really interested for the next year. Does anyone know when they start the program each year if you make it past your interviews? I have noticed the interview process can take up to 6 months itself?! I've been trying to get in the loop of things, but I still feel a bit lost! lol

Sorry for so many questions!! Really appreciate it :)

2. katie217

katie217 New Member

i believe the next set of applications for Canadians will be accepted in july! yes the interview process can take very long. for me personally, i applied last july, had phone interview in i think september, face to face interview early october, then found out i was hired oct 18th. as far as i know there are still a bunch of people on the waitlist from the october interviews!

3. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Yeah Canada is July! I applied Oct, Phone Interview Nov, Interviews March 1st, then waitlisted 2 weeks later with 25 ish other people! Only 5 have gotten jobs so far.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure if you get a phone interview to smile and be yourself!

4. Taylor_18

Taylor_18 New Member

Oh wow, that's crazy people are wait listed! Makes me nervous haha. I wish everyone good luck too! Thanks for clearing up the process for me! And I appreciate the heads up!! :)

I realize this is off topic but I also had one more question.. I have a tattoo on my back that goes from the back of my neck to mid-back down my spine. It's little black stars, so it's not really flashy, and it's covered by most t-shirts, and my shoulder length hair covers it because it's not long enough to be put up anyways.. but i know their policy about visible tattoos, so I'm concerned they won't take me? :'( I'm pretty sure that if I were to make it, whatever I'd wear in the Canadian Pavilion would cover it anyways? Eeeeek. Does anyone know where they draw the line for tattoos? Thoughts greatly appreciated!

5. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

I believe most costumes would cover that particular tattoo. At interviews they stressed forearm tattoos were the biggest ones that caused problems and makes you ineligible for F&B since you cant use the make up to cover up for tattoos etc. Most can be covered up with make up, but the location of yours doesnt sound too bad.

6. katie217

katie217 New Member

i think your particular tattoo would be covered by the costume

7. secondstar

secondstar New Member

Hey, I'm from BC too! I'm going to be applying in July! :D

8. Taylor_18

Taylor_18 New Member

Phewww, thanks so much! I feel a bit relieved now :)

Nicee!! Maybe we'll see each other if we make it to interviews! haha Where in BC are you from?

9. secondstar

secondstar New Member

I'm from Vancouver Island. How about you??

10. Taylor_18

Taylor_18 New Member

Cool! Love the Island. I live in the Fraser Valley area!

11. secondstar

secondstar New Member

Awesome! It would be cool if we both get through to face to face...this site is great for that...finding people who want to do the same thing as you!!

12. Taylor_18

Taylor_18 New Member

Yeah that would be great to have someone from roughly the same area! :D If we both make it to the face to face interview we will definitely have to meet up before hand! Yeah this site is awesome because it's filled with Disney lovers! All my friends make fun of me because I'm so obsessed with Disney. I realized that between Disneyland/world trips, movies and merchandise I have spent roughly $10,000 on Disney and I am 19 haha. I was just at Disney World last June for the 2nd time celebrating my high school graduation with my best friend, and this May I'm off to Disneyland for the 3rd time lol. Gotta love The Happiest Place on Earth! Would love to fulfill my lifelong dream of working for the mouse! I have worked in the hospitality industry for the past 3 years as a room attendant and I am now currently taking courses online for my Hotel Management Diploma. Hope that will give me the customer service skills needed for the CRP :) Lifelong career goal is to work in one of the hotels they have in Disney World, or on the Cruise Ships as an Event Planner or Somewhere in Rooms Division.. hopefully I can make that a reality at some point! haha

What's your Disney story? :D

13. secondstar

secondstar New Member

Hmmm, well I've been to Disneyland 6 times, and Disneyland Paris once. I've never been to Disney World though so that makes this even more exciting! I'm am never as happy as I am when I am in a Disney Park; they are just amazing! I'm 22 and I have a certificate in event management and I have worked all kinds of different jobs: waitressing, working with kids, giving tours in historic sites, event management, retail, etc. Currently I'm in college but I want to take some time off so this seems like a great opportunity! When I was 18 I lived in England for 6 months and I loved it, so I imagine a year in Disney would be even better! It would be awesome to meet up if we both get a face to face...waaaay better going to the interview knowing someone! Hhaha.