What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Pommyy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

Hey guys, :)

Okay, so I'm completely confused.

I have a dual citizenship in both England and Australia, and I'm looking to apply to get to Florida in the year 2011.

So, which program is right for me? I have no idea!!

I'm applying through Australia btw!

I will have done one year at college by the end of 2010.

I'm not really sure what the difference is between CRP and ICP

Thanks if anyone can help! :)

2. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Is it Australia your applying through? Or do you have the option to apply through the UK as well? Because obviously I only know about the UK..Anyway, this is the set up in the UK..You can also get info from the common questions section..

ICP = International College Program..International College Program is normally a summer program, starting May or June..Although there's the graduate program, which you obviously can't do at the moment..And there's also the J1 Undergraduate Program..But I presume as your not in university you wouldn't be able to do that either..

CRP = Cultural Representative Program..You would obviously have to apply from the UK to do this..Because they don't have Australia in the UK pavilion..You would apply to yummyjobs if you wanted to do that..But the applications for this year are closed..So if you wanted to do that, you'd have to apply in August for next years program..

3. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I'm applying through australia, it seems much easier as I live here.

It looks like I'll be going with the ICP

thanks for your help :)

4. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

No worries..

You can check on the common questions section about my information..

Im not sure, but there did used to be a program specific to Australia..Think it might be abit different to the College Program..Like I said though, check the commons questions section out, I think there's something about it on there...

NOTE: I just looked and I can't seem to see anything there about it..Maybe you best ask the Australlian Recruitment Company what options they have open for you..

5. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I just got an email from the australian international program people.

They explained that theres a 6, or 12 month program, and then the basic requirements, (must be 18 years old, completed a full year at uni/TAFE)

It sounds awesome, I can't wait now!

I will check out the commin questions section to get more info! ;D

thanks

6. Have u lived in australia ur whole life, cos part of the UK CRP program is representing ur country (The UK) and being a example of the british heritage.

I remember meeting a Australian guy out there called Jeff, He was incredibly cool. He worked in the showcase in epcot in this tiny little section of the area on a merchandise cart and he was there for 6 months and loved it lol.

7. Pommyy

Pommyy New Member

I lived in England for all my life, up to 2 years ago.
    So I am English, just basically have an Australian passport as well.

Have emailed the representatives of Australia, and they said as long as you're an australian citizen then it's fine to apply through them.

On the other hand, I also emailed Yummy jobs, and they replied saying I could apply through them as long as I had lived in the UK for a 'long' time. Which I also have.

But wouldn't applying through Engand, mean I'd have to go back there?

I don't want to do that.

8. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

Yes, if you were to apply through the UK your interview would typically be in the UK (probably London) and therefore rather expensive, so best to get advice through the Austrailian recruiters on any exceptions - many people on this forum are from the UK or other European countries so you might struggle to get detailed Australian info from people on here unfortunately.

9. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Its always best to check anything with yummyjobs..

As you never know really..Maybe there would be something they could do for you, so you didn't have to come back to the UK..

Im not saying there is though by any means..Im just saying its always worth asking them, because there the one's with the power if you get me!