What order do things have to go once you get the job?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by xsamx, May 12, 2008.

1. xsamx

xsamx New Member

Hi guys,

Im going to Orlando on the 2nd December 08 ;D ;D feels like years away tho...but im sure the summer will come, and be a fast one :D

I just havent head anything from Yummy jobs and thought that they arrange the criminal background checks for us? I maybe being paranoid as i havent arranged my visa date etc that they have forgotten and given my job away hehehe. :-\

Im just a bit lost on how everything works! ???

Thanks
    Sam
    xxxxxxx

2. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

You are responsible for your own background check, you'll have to submit it at least 30 days before your departure. Your Disney Pack will probably be mailed to you about 2 months before you leave (that varies a little bit...) If you haven't already recieved a phone call from yummy going through your acknowledge form, that will happen and it will be mailed or emailed to you as well. I'm from canada so I dont have to do the visa appt thing and dont know much about it. dont panic tho, you have a lot of time and yummy is organized well, im sure they remember you! So the order goes (kinda)
    1. Acknowledgement Form
    2. Background Check
    3. Disney Pack
    4. Sevis (Student Exchange Visa) Fee (for you this may be included with your visa appt, like I said I don't know how that works)
    5. Program Assesment Fee
    6. Emailing you travel info
    7. Medical Insurance
    8. YOU GO TO DISNEY!

I think thats all-- the order of some of it is kinda up to you, as long as it all gets done before you leave.

3. I think it is partly dependant on where you are from. I am from the UK and they sent us the CRB form a couple of weeks after they had completed all the interviews for the programme you have applied for. That was before they covered Canada though so it may have changed now. It might be worth sending Jason a call to see how they want to do the CRB check.