weight gain!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by emma, Apr 27, 2005.

1. emma

emma New Member

ok thsi is for the laydeez really...u know coz we r all so obsessed! lol....evry1 i speak to is like ooh ur gona gain so much weight and come bak fat!!! i was just wondering what ppls experiences were!! bearing in mind ill have to have an alchohol detox for the year!!! being 18...and a gym n pool at my feet! plus 6 hours shifts of work in a bus restaurant!!! what the situation?????????
    thanks luvyaz x

2. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

ah, Emma!! bless ya! :D

you don't need to worry about putting on weight!! you'd still be gorgeous even if you did...my little Sarah Michelle Gellar! :D hehe!

Ellen xx :D

3. brightlight42

brightlight42 New Member

ok i put on a bit of weight while i was out there and so did most of the other people i knew but the worse of it is you don't even know its like this you come in late at nite meet up with friends and just go out and eat or order pizzA I SWEAR i got so sick of it i even went to the gym but just got board after a while but don't worrie its only like 1/2 stone or something o and another thing the heat makes you swell up to so take that to mind as well.

Love Tina xoxo

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

im gonna try sooooooo hard to eat healthy(to a certain extent) and keep active! i dont want to have to buy a new wardrobe!lol

xxx

5. emma

emma New Member

i know...im not a fan of like fast food neway so im hopefully gona stay my weight! aww ellen thanks thats so sweet!

6. emma

emma New Member

im deffo investing in a set of scales...i go joggin evryday here!!! lord duno if i can face that in florida heat!

7. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

It would make you sweat more which might make you shed a teeny bit more!! :D I need to get running...I managed to go out 4 times over easter.....I somehow need to keep the will power!! (not that I'm going over there yet or anything tho!! ::))

Ellen x

8. emma

emma New Member

lol yeah sweating...my bf went running in a bin bag today...tied to tak me in2 it but nah1 lol...

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

can i ask y??mmmm thats....different??

I dont know if i have the discipline for jogging, but im sure I'd go to the gym...and em there will be a treadmill in there if you didnt wanna run in the heat and humidity!

xxx

10. ItsTough2BePatty

ItsTough2BePatty New Member

I did put on a LOT of weight, I ate almost everyday at Aramark lol, so try to avoid that.  Eat healthy and at home and you should be fine.

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

ill worry about it when i return home.....totally agree aboutthe whole swelling up in the sun thing tho!!!!!!!! :D ;) ;)

12. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I hope to god I can lose some weight, if not lose any keep it the same. I'm trying my best right now to get into good shape so that when I get there I can stay in shape.

13. Ona

Ona Member

Well I did the opposite. I lost ALOT of weight out there. Came down about 3-4 sizes! :eek: I ate as much crap as ever, but the fact that I hate US chocolate and the fact that we were working up to 70 hour weeks in 100 degree heat and 100 % humidity. and that I don't think I actually sat down the whole 13 months. I don't do "exercise" but the lifestyle is just so different out there. I wasn't the only person to loose weight either. A few friends did too.

hey Christina. Took me ages to figure out who you were there. Lol. Hope your doin okay hun. :)

Ona x

14. Sue

Sue New Member

I also was one of the crazy folks that lost weight at Disney. My secret was to drink my ass off, eat as many times as possible at Le Cellier, Dance at HOB, and take part in a lot of "extra curricular activities". I think I saw the inside of the gym when I was buying stamps! I think it's because I was always walking somewhere or working out in "other ways"

15. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

You WILL not go into alcohol detox there...even if you are underage...unless you don't drink now!!!!!

You are constantly doing stuff over there...you walk a lot...and go out dancing and things. Yes, you will eat a lot of crap, which I did...but I don't think I really gained a lot of weight when I was there...maybe a couple of pounds...I gained 9 pounds between when I left for FLA and a couple months after I was home...i think I gained most of it back at home...lots of mom food and other Canada junk food that I missed and lots of sitting on my bum at work and watching TV at home. I have weighed the same thing since the beginning of high school until now...except for those stupid few pounds. I often found that when I got home from work I wouldn't have time to eat because I'd have to be somewhere...or I just wouldn't think of it...but if I did, it would be really late.

Shan

16. emma

emma New Member

yeah i figured all the activity would make me losesome weight! lol linzi...runnin in a bin bag means heat builds up and u sweat more...like a protable sauna!! it makes u lose water weight. x

17. Lonja

Lonja New Member

I didnt gain any weight the first six month but tunring 21 and drinking a lot more, made me gain a little bit and then we have this german cookie shop and we always got some sweets to eat there...so i think in the end i gaind like 7 kilos.....but the hell with those kilos was worth the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

hey lonja agee with u,who cares if u gain a little weight,at least ur having fun!!! u can worry about things like that when ur back home. ;D

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

god no amount of extra weight loss would make me run in a bag!

xxx

20. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

I LOST weight in WDW. I went down two sizes!!! It was awesome!!! My friends lost weight too!

What people are doing to 'gain' weight, is beyond me!!!!