Washing and drying!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Jan 14, 2010.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Hi there

So do al lthe complexes have washing rooms? With driers?
    I am guessing there are no washing lines?
    So how do most people dry their clothes? Leave them in the sun? Or use a drier?

Also I never think about things such as washing sheets - but did anyone do that and then wonder what they were gonna sleep on that night?? :S

2. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

Ive never done the program before so i dont know about washers and dryers... but obviously the drying sheets is pretty obvious, you can wash and dry them in a day like you would do here! :) it's not hard!

3. Jar

Jar New Member

Yeah all complexes having laundry rooms, with washers and dryers, you pretty much have to use the dryers because there is no where else to dry your stuff!

4. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Hey!

Do the apartments have balconies?

If so, you could maybe tie up a wee washing line!

Everything would dry super quick then :)

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

You're not allowed to hang things off the balconies.

6. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

I wasn't saying hang things off the balconies (they would fall off in the wind!)

I was talking about getting a small line of rope and attaching it from one side of the wall to the other.

Oh well, was just an idea! :D

7. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

Surely that doesn't stop you from buying a small washing line (like this one) and putting that up on your balcony? Nothing would be hung off the balcony, you're just using the outside space.

Edit: looking at this, I realise we're in ICP discussion. It's probably not worth getting one of those for just 3 months. However, it probably would be worth it for the 12 month CRPers.

8. catfish278

catfish278 Member

yeah to be honest, the dryers are pretty cheap and they dry your clothes in about 40 minutes or something like that so it's all good ;D

9. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

And you're not allowed to attach things/alter things, etc. You're not even supposed to hang posters in your room.

10. scarlettheart

scarlettheart New Member

Well that's me well and truly told...! :D

Just as well you're so knowledgeable!

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

lol its an easy assumption to make but its easier to bung it all in the machine... they're industrial sized!!!

12. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

what about delicate things..?

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You can hang things off coat hangers in your wardrobes... that's what I did with my tights (I had to wear them for work so I got through a lot!), and a couple of smaller things that wouldn't dry.
    I'd recommend clothes that will go in the dryer though, it's so much easier!
    Also, things in the wardrobe don't dry very quickly as there's no heat. :)
    xx

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Oh believe me in my apartment there was heat... my flatmates didnt believe in air con.

15. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

The dryers get so hot that when i took my towels out, i put any delicates inside the towels to dry them! It worked!!

16. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

How much does it cost to wash and dry things? :)

17. Maila

Maila New Member

what is the consequence if you still would do it? termination?
    i'm just curious because i unfortunately own some clothes which have to air-dry :(
    and i dont want to be send home...

18. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I doubt they would terminate you for that but you never know with disney... I'm sure you'll find a way round it! You can always hang things inside your apartment on hangers :)

19. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

you'll figure it out when you get there, I just tumble-dried everything coz I'm lazy haha, but my roommate hung things off the wire shelves in the wardrobe. Took about 3 days for some thing to dry though!

I think it was about $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Washing took about an hour and drying about 40 minutes. I just used to wash and dry things in the morning before work and go to the pool while I waited, you really won't want to faf around coz there's so many other things to do!!

20. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

A friend of mine hung some of her stuff on the railing just outside her apartment, which is a type of public balcony, and security gave her whole apartment a strike, apparently it's 3 strikes and you're out! She did it once more and got another strike, but she didn't do it a 3rd time so i don't know whether they would've gone through with throwing her out!