Visitors in Disney....

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by gevernon, Dec 9, 2009.

1. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question....

My parents and my boyfriend want to come visit when im in Florida. Does anyone know if I can get them any sort of discount or anything? I read somewhere that you get discount for Friends and Family at the Disney hotels so I just wanted to know if anyone knows if this is true? If so, how do I go about booking?

Thanks xxxx

2. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Yeah, you'll be able to get them a discount on some of the Disney hotels, how much of a discount depends on what's available, the hotel and the time of year, but it can be up to 60% off. If you're going to be able to be there when they're checking in and out then it'll be higher than if you just book it and then they check themselves in.

You can't book it until you get there and get your cast member id, but once you do you'll be able to do it via the HUB, which you'll learn about during your training!

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I went on the ICP in 2008 but didnt have any visitors (I know, sad times... violins are playing...) but when I go in 2010 my boyfriend might come out on the last day of my program... so can I use my disney ID to check in on my last day before I hand it in and get a cheaper rate?

4. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Great, thank you!
    Well im there over peak time (start on 20th June), and my folks want to come out mid-late July, so is it likely they will have availability at a discounted rate?
    Also, we get friends and family park passes dont we? R they week or day passes?
    thanks for your help! xxxx

5. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Mid-late July is a really busy time so there will probably be very limited availability, the best thing to do would be to find out as soon as you can once you arrive. The hotels are at one of their highest rates at that time of the year anyway so it might still be cheaper to book an outside hotel.
    The passes you get will be day passes, when i was there last year we got passes for up to 3 people for 6 days.

You're welcome ;D

6. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

Oh and i'm not sure about this, if it expires whilst you're using the discounted rate it might invalidate it! If you have any friends still there why don't you ask them to find out for you?? You could always ask a friend who's still going to have their ID if they could book it and check you in!

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

good idea ;D

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I booked a hotel for my family, at 60 % off, for my last two days and then three days after that. As long as you book and then check in while you're still an employee, you're good to go. You don't need the card to check out or anything. And then on my last day, I purchased a cheap pass from the little store in the cafe (cast members can buy discounted passes for their family and friends) so that I could get in the next two days.

9. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Out of interest, which hotel did you stay in and approximately how much did it cost? Was that at the end of august? Sorry to be nosy, just trying to work out how much it would be!!

And when you say you bought passes, did you mean park passes?

10. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'm visting at the moment, and my friend booked the room for 'us' (me!) - I think it was $48 for the weekend, and $38 the other nights... total was $800 maybe including dining plan?
    Actually - I have no idea what the total is, I'm jsut going by what he said, I wasn't really with it when I checked in!
    I'm at the All-Star Movies.
    All-Star and Pop Century you can stay in for ~$40 a night I think at the end of August - it is much less busy then as the US have gone back to school, so it isn't peak season any more.

I think that's right!
    xx

11. Kevus

Kevus New Member

I stayed in the contemp for about 300 at the end of my 08 program and when i visited in 07 i stayed at all stars for cheap with a friend

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

you dont hand your ID back in. You will still get in the discount rate as long as you check in whilst you are a CM, it does not matter if you are not a CM after that day you have checked in as you have booked and checked in whilst being a cast member. so will be fine.

13. Mr T

Mr T New Member

hey guys

do you only get these benefits if you work in the parks, as I will be in the resorts but know my family will be coming out to visit and would be great if we could go to the parks as well,

thanks

ad xx

14. Maila

Maila New Member

as far as i know every castmember with the disney id get these benefits... :)

15. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

i know this sounds like a few silly questions! but im a biiiiit confused about it all because im seeing lots od different discounts and stuff everywhere!!

If my brother and mum come over, will i have to be there to get them in to the parks (and then go around with them) So I cant be working? Just because how are they meant to see all 4 parks if we only get 2 days off, if that makes sense! And do they book a hotel? Or wait til they get there to get discount? Veryyyy confused!!! Sorry for being a daft bugger!! :) xx

16. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

It can be quite complicated!

You have to be there to get visitors into the parks but you don't have to stay with them once they're in, so you can let them in and then go to work.

You can book a hotel for them once you have your Disney id to get them a discount, you don't need to wait for them to arrive. I'm not quite sure how you do it, but once you're there you'll get all the instructions on the HUB!

Hope this makes it a bit clearer!! ;)

17. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

awww thankyou!! that uncomplicated it for me! :) cheeeers!! xx

18. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I'm sure your mom and brother aren't crazy, but if they're in the park on your pass and they get kicked out of the park (it happens), you'll get in trouble because technically you're responsible for them.