Variety -within- roles?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Oct 11, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Just wondering, once you have your work location is there much variety within it?
    For example - I'm working QSF&B - do you only do one thing in that like serving guests, or do you get rotated around - so you do cleaning etc too?

Cheers :)

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

That really depends on where you work.
    Like, I was only trained on Counter - but within that I worked behind the counter, on the condiment bars, and as a greeter. Depending how long your in your location, you will probably be trained on other tasks as well, such as Cash, Bussing, and Kitchen (depending on your location (and what you possibly request!) will depend on what else you are trained on, how long it takes before your trained on it etc.) :)
    This is only in restauranty QS though - I'm not sure how it differs for things like Outdoor Foods and stuff, as there is less variety in the things they have to do... but you see more locations! :D
    Hope this helps Kimmie :)
    xx

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Oooh ok, thanks.
    When you get to WDW can you request whether you work inside or outside on a cart thing? Or do you have no choice?

4. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

We had no choice, it was already assigned!
    You may be able to request, but as an international you may not be able to - we're not there long enough! I know part-timers an't request a new location until they've been there 6 months.
    xx

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

A friend of mine was ODF (outdoor foods) and he worked different roles all the time! some of the ones he could work were: popcorn cart, pretzel cart, churro/pretzel cooker, stocker, and I'm pretty sure there was a backroom cleaning shift as well!

6. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

ooh okay cool! :)
    I think I'd like the do a cart job over a fast food type joint...

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I put food & bev as my last option when I did ICP '08. I work at McDs at home, and wanted to get away from it!

8. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Yeah, I have worked F & B too, and I kind of wish I'd chosen a diff type of job like attractions, but oh well...