University of Central Florida Graduate Program

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by roxysurfroxy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Hi!

I am interested in applying for this role as you get to work in WDW in an entry-level position too. I was just wondering if anyone else was planning on applying for this role?

I have also applied for the CRP role. :S

2. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

"waves hands" me ;D looking forward to getting more info about

3. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh Yay! So glad I'm not alone! Lol. Yeah, i want more info too! Like whether we have to pay anything to the Uni?? I'm especially interested in the entry-level job part. :D

4. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

If you search 'J1 academic program' in the box above then you should find some stuff about it. I read what yummy have said about it on their website and it seems to be the same program i did in 2008, they've just re-started it after putting it on hold for a year or so, so there will be some stuff floating around about it!!

If it's exactly the same as it used to be, then you do have to pay to go to the Uni, i think it was about $1200. The entry level job is just the same as if you apply for the college program, it'll be merchandise, f & b, entertainment, lifeguard, custodial or hospitality eg. you can be on the front desk in a resort.

If you have any questions, i'll try to answer them (assuming it's the same as it used to be!!) :)

5. roxysurfroxy

roxysurfroxy Member

Ooh thanks very much for that information. :) It's very helpful! I think I'm gonna have a little think about it now as I've just found out that you can only apply for one YJ program at a time and I have just applied for the CRP program. If I decide to try for this instead I'll have to cancel my other application. :S

6. gemgems

gemgems New Member

do you have to pay for flights out there and back or do they refund you on compleation of the program

7. gemgems

gemgems New Member

also does anyone know where you work in the park on this program is it the same as the cultural one

8. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

not sure about the fight situation but think you could end up working anywhere within the resort so in that respect its a bit like the ICP program

9. gemgems

gemgems New Member

just spoken to florida uni an they wont take me with my degree in psychology / sociology for the program

10. cozza16

cozza16 New Member

Hello!

I am in the process of applying for this programme. I applied for the CRP and then this was released, but I didnt get on the programme so I'm now able to apply for this, which probably makes better sense.

Anyone applying? Or know anything about the course?

11. Petrika24

Petrika24 New Member

12. NanaRichardson

NanaRichardson New Member

Hi!! I´m interested in this program! but I have some doubts!!

people that is already accepted, could help me with some information?

you must apply first to the university and then with disney? or what?

you must pay before that you get accepted?

How is the process!!?? Im very confused!

Hope you can help me! thank you!!!

13. pauliina133

pauliina133 New Member

Hi!! I've been accepted for this program, yayy! ;D I'm from Finland, Petrika where are you from? Which role did you get? I got hospitality! I wonder when we'll be getting those welcome packs. ;D

NanaRichardson, you have to pay an application fee to UCF when you apply (it was 30 dollars or something like that) but the program fee isn't due until later after you've been accepted (it's due in June, when the program starts in July). And yeah, you apply to the university first and after they accept you, they give your info to a Disney rep who will then contact you for a skype interview. Hope that helps! :)

14. NanaRichardson

NanaRichardson New Member

oohh!!! thank you so much!!! and congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :D

15. Petrika24

Petrika24 New Member

Hey Paulina! I am from Croatia and I got a position of front desk in one of Disney hotels. What is your role exactly? IS this your first time working for Disney and have you ever been to States before? I've been to States but never by myself so this should be exciting ;) Can't wait for the program to begin :D

16. pauliina133

pauliina133 New Member

Hey! Coool, that's my role too at front desk! 8) And yeah my first time working for Disney but been to the States and Disney World many times. Me too, I cannot wait for July to get here already!! ;D It's going to be super awesome!!! Do you know of anyone else who's going on this program?

17. Petrika24

Petrika24 New Member

I got my package today ;D i don't know who else is going on this program, i only know it is limited to 50 students from all over the world (feel a bit priviledged as i type ;D )Maybe they will post here later on. Btw, do you know if we need to have 3,500$ of personal funds when we go there, becuase we were required to show the proof (in form of bank statement) to have that amount on disposal for obtaining I20? I will have to spend some of that money for airline tickets and other additional costs related to the program.

18. Petrika24

Petrika24 New Member

cool that you were offered that position too 8) did you specifically requested it? Do you have prior experience working on front desk? I've never done it before, that's why i am asking.

19. pauliina133

pauliina133 New Member

I got the package today too!!! Very exciting! :D Yeah front desk was my favorite of the role choices we got, so I'm happy I got it! I haven't worked at a hotel front desk before. Hmm.. I think the bank statement was just for the I-20, I'm pretty sure they're not going to ask for the money again.
    I didn't know it was 50 students max - very coool!!! 8)

20. ksmart

ksmart New Member

I just created a facebook group called "Disney Interns & Cultural Reps 2011/2012" Please join it!

http://www.facebook.com/editgroup.php?gid=183157165078697#!/groups/183157165078697