Universal Tickets

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by chanm002, Apr 30, 2010.

1. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

What is the situation with buying Universal Studios tickets? (And Aquatica etc)

Do we get a discount while we are out there? And do our family get one also?

2. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I don't think Universal has anything to do with disney does it? there cheap anyway like £90 for 2 weeks of both parks

scrap that, i have no idea lol x

3. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

I was thinking do we get the Florida Residents discount?

4. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Yup we get awesome florida discounts!
    See here:
    http://www.universalorlando.com/Tic...ss.aspx?ComponentId=13510&SourcePageId=7805#7

The Busch gardens ones and seaworld etc are separate, but they also have annual tickets:
    http://commerce.4adventure.com/eStore/scripts/skins/bgt/ticketsPassportBuilder.aspx?__utma=1.525163021.1254121113.1265068081.1272686709.9&__utmb=1.2.10.1272686709&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1272686709.9.6.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=busch%20gardens&__utmv=-&__utmk=3995056

:)
    ~Kimmie

5. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

In order to qualify for one of the Florida residents prices you'll need one of the following (taken from universal's website):

Florida driver’s license
    Florida state-issued ID card (must have Florida address)
    Florida voter’s registration card with corresponding picture ID
    College ID from a Florida college or university

The annual passes are actually the same price for residents and non-residents at Universal Studios. But the "Power Pass" is exclusive to Florida residents.

6. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

So, will the fact that we live in an Orlando address and work there count?

If I were to buy the $75 2 day ticket online, would I need to show anything when I collect the tickets at Universal?

And can I buy 4 tickets (for my family included) when they come visit me?

Thanks!

7. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Yeh u can use ur disney ID an that, they accept it as florida resident status

No point buyin that 2 day ticket for $75, may aswell get the annual pass for around $100ish i think it is?

8. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Thank you!

Its $139 dollars I think, but I think I'll only go the once with my family when they come.

Am I allowed to get another 3 tickets for them too? If I buy the tickets myself?

9. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Universal's site says you can buy up to 6 tix with 1 ID

10. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Great! Where did you find that info?

11. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

same place where it said about what ID you'd need.I think I clicked on Florida residents down the bottom of the screen somewhere.

12. Ebz

Ebz New Member

Hi guys!

I got an annual pass when I arrived here (Jan this year), and I wasn't a CP at the time. All you need to do is give your Florida address, sign a couple of forms and you're off. It cost me about $140 ish, I think, and it's a preferred two park pass. I'm here for a year, and already I've used it enough to pay for it about 3 times over, if I'd bought normal day tickets.

I would suggest getting an annual pass, as you can catch the I-Trolley to Universal from the Premium Outlets (just across the road from Chatham) for 25c. It makes for a good day trip with friends (just to get out of the Disney bubble), and there are often concerts there. You get some good discounts with it, too.

13. chanm002

chanm002 New Member

Thank you Ebz! That's so helpful :).

So do people seem to go to Universal a lot? I mean, I'm not sure whether to buy the $140 annual or just the $75 for when I go with the family. I'm only in Florida for 3 months on the ICP.

14. pinksparkles2

pinksparkles2 New Member

I think I'm going to go for the annual pass if its only $50 dollars or so more.. I'll be going with my boyfriend and then probably again with my family. And then I'm sure people will want to go just for a day out at some point!
    Chanm I would go with the annual pass, it's not much more and if you want to make your moneys worth I'm sure you can drag others along to go a few times! I'll be happy to go loads if you need a Universal buddy ;D
    xxx