Universal Studios

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Aisling, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Is anyone else applying for Universal Studios in case they don't get a job in Disney?

2. christeen44

christeen44 New Member

Do they have an internationnal program too?!

3. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Yes.. I'm not sure if they supply housing or not though. There's not a lot of information available online. It's vaguely detailed here http://www.universalorlandojobs.com/

I've an interview on Nov 10th- woo :)

4. christeen44

christeen44 New Member

Aww thats awesome ! :) Hope it goes well !
    But i wont apply, im a die hard disney fan and thats really the only program i want to do !

5. Sorry people posting again because i heard back from them and got alot of information think i'll be applying for definate just because i think it will be easy to get onto than the Disney Programme and it may ease my heart ache if i don't get Disney! haha Anyone else going? xxxxxxxxx

6. ryanupton2

ryanupton2 New Member

Hi Aimee!

You couldn't post some of the stuff it says on there for us could you? I'm intrigued by it!

Thanks!

7. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Hey guys, I got some information by emailing different people. I'm going to the interview in Eastbourne (in University of Brighton)
    I'm on holiday at the moment, so I don't have time to share now, but i'll be home on Wednesday and I'll fill you in then

8. steviebobs

steviebobs New Member

I have done the Universal Orlando Internship - it was incredible - the best year of my life! Less people are on the full year programme than disney, there was only 5 of us from the UK, but i believe they have started to recruit more, theres a bigger group of about 60-70 UK summer workers who go over there for 3 months also. And its likely you will be working in the Wizarding world of Harry Potter if you do the summer option! They are a bit more relaxed than Disney, they do provide housing yes, and there aren't as many restrictions such as people not staying over! The year program was great you do two months in up to 6 different locations, I worked in Pass Sales, Turnstiles, Guest Service, The Incredible Hulk and camp jurassic. If you have questions send me a message!

9. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I'm really sorry I never posted information like I promised. I don't have time to now either, and i'm really really sorry. I had my interview yesterday, so if anyone wants to ask me anything about it go ahead and i'll try answer them asap

other interviews are on the 15th in ucb and 17th in mmu

10. steviebobs

steviebobs New Member

I hope your interview went well! Was it Sherri who interviewed you? She's lovely - and I have no doubt you have it in the bag - don't hesitate about going there - its incredible!

11. cowza

cowza New Member

What are the requirements steviebob? Like do you have to be a current student? I actually contacted them last week coz supposedly they are establishing some kind of new international program specifically for the british to be a part of Harry Potter World. I've been so many times already... it's amazing! Lives up to all my expectations!

12. steviebobs

steviebobs New Member

Hey, I love the wizarding world too! It's so very well done! As far as I know you have to be at uni to qualify for the program :-( or I'd b out there again! The idea of a international program just for Harry potter would be amazing, to promote British culture, maybe anyone could do that? Is this definitely happening I'd love to go back!!

13. lovethemouse

lovethemouse New Member

who do you contact for this programme i cant seem to find it on universals job website??? ne help would be great!!

14. cowza

cowza New Member

15. Aisling

Aisling New Member

Yes it was with Sherri

Requirements are be a student, be returning to college after program, be over 18 and be able to work for the 3 months and be very flexible.

There were two presentations, one from Universal and one from GREAT.. Then filled out applications then we had interviews.. I'm not going to tell people what questions were asked, as I think it gives an unfair advantage over the people had their interviews first

16. Kinda late, but can anyone tell me how to apply? And where the presentations are held? Do you have to go all the way to Orlando or do they hold presentations and interviews in your country?

17. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

This sounds awesome, does anyone know when applications open for summer 2012? and how exactly do you apply for it- I know you apply for the disney programme through yummy jobs, is there a special company like that for universal too, or do you just e-mail that link off their website?
    thanks a bunch for any help :D