Universal pass...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by gevernon, Jan 19, 2010.

1. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Hi...

I saw on a discussion topic on here, but I cant remember which one...what you can get universal annual passes really cheap when u work for Disney over summer. Does anyone know how much they are? Or if I have completely made this up or dreamed it?! lol

Thank youuuu! xx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Last year, me and some friends all got seasonal passes, valid until the end of December, that were $106 including tax.
    We had a discount because we were Florida residents. :)
    I don't know how much annual passes are normally though!
    xx

3. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

It's defs worth getting seasonal passes, day tickeys are about $80 dollars anyway. $100 is soooo cheap!

4. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Can i just ask... how did you actually get to universal? did you know someone with a car?

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Taxi is about $20 each way.
    Or you can get the I-ride from the premium outlets which drops you somewhere near (I don't know, having never personally got it but my room-mate did), which is 25c each way for cast members! Win!
    xx

6. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

Ha that is awesome!! worth atleast one go for 50c!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

With the taxi though, you can fit 6 people in so it works out at about $6.50 each, not too bad! A taxi is much faster than the I-ride I think - and I know my room-mate had to walk a fair bit to Universal, but they may have got off at the wrong stop!
    Best bit is it's unlimited entry, and if you wanted to stay later on citywalk - have a meal/catch a movie, you can still get a taxi back! :D
    xx

8. KirstyB

KirstyB New Member

True! :) ohhhh i have a feeling my summer is going to go way to fast :(

9. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Sounds amazing! I will definitely be getting a seasonal pass!! I LOVE Islands of Adventure. AMAZING!!! x

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

11. catfish278

catfish278 Member

but how do you prove you're a florida resident? We have no florida ID... it says its things like florida driving license etc?

12. ginabella

ginabella New Member

all i did was have an address for the area and put it on the form they gave me to fill out! I just put my chatham one, worked a charm, and you put down your american cell number. Just keep your Disney Id on you :) and any post you get etc could be useful. And a taxi works out really cheap both ways, cheaper if you go from the parks, we went from Hollywood studios, which was the nearest to the main exit from Disney's area. :) Hope that helps! xx

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I put down the commons one as it was the only one I could remember, and put in my american cell - I think she asked to see my Disney ID maybe to prove I worked there?
    There wasn't any problem though :)

Wonder if we can get them before we go?
    xx

14. ariella

ariella New Member

When I got my pass I just showed my Disney and Vista ID and gave my address at Vista and Canadian cell phone number and they were fine with that :).

Honestly that Florida pass was worth it because even if you only went two times to the park you got a good use of the pass. Really need to go back and see Harry Potter land when it opens!

15. gevernon

gevernon New Member

Where does it say about the seasonal prices? I can only find annual and day/2 day? x

16. ariella

ariella New Member

They might not have the seasonal info up there since it's only January. Maybe try closer to the summer and see? I heard about the seasonal pass the end of May/beginning of June (it was advertised on the radio) and got mine the second week of June. It might be too early to start promoting it since you can't use it for a few months.

17. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

I didn't see the seasonal passes at all n the website, but just asked when we got to the ticket gates outside and they got the form for us to fill in. Agree that it was much better value! Saw an advert for the Harry Potter part of the park today, strangely enough! Looks pretty good xx

18. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

yeah i agree with what people have said, the seasonal pass is the best option, even if you only use it 2-3 times you're getting your moneys worth! and I got te i-ride, it drops you off by wet n wild,nd its only a few minutes walk from universal,so its a good way to save the pennies and its not too bad at all! I think we got a taxi back once too, so either way its not going to cost much if there is a few of you! x

19. catfish278

catfish278 Member

cool, how long is the seasonal pass valid for?

20. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

i actually can't remember...i have it at home(im at uni at the mo) so when i'm next home I'll look. I'm pretty sure it was a couple/few months! possibly until Dec or soemthng...but basically it will be valid for all your time in the summer....it might have changed though,so don't quote me there! x