UNIFORMS

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by chezza, Apr 2, 2006.

1. chezza

chezza New Member

Hi im just wondering if anyone knows what the quick service food and bev uniform is like? im expecting the worst so im prepared! lol

2. Ona

Ona Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Noone wears a uniform. You wear a costume. ;D Lol! ;D

It toally depends on your work location. Every QS F&B is different.

Just keep your fingers crossed not to get Electric Umberella. They possibly have the worst costume anywhere. ;D

Ona x

3. chezza

chezza New Member

really? decribe it? plzzzz im curious

4. Ona

Ona Member

Bottom left. :eek:

[​IMG]

Ona x

5. monkian

monkian New Member

it took me a while but i found them...

heck you could stick me in a bin bag an i'd be happy at disney world...planning on working my ass off may even try and steal onas crown...lol....

6. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

HAH! Exactly how I feel!! Lol, Fortunatly I know exaclty how I'll be dressed.

Mmmm Lumberjack!

7. monkian

monkian New Member

hy have you seen the sexy disney wench....i mean lovely british costume we get to wear????

i think scots should get to wear kilts etc!!!! especially the boys!!!

8. KC

KC New Member

Ooh, but think of the other supergroovy costumes at Epcot!

Like the park greeter... thing... with the red and green and grey (if I recall correctly)...

Or the Soarin' flight attendant... whateveritis...

Or the blue/green Livin' with the Land... whatchamacallit...

Or that yellow merch costume with all the flags...

I sometimes wonder if the costume designer for Epcot actually had eyes. Or was colour-blind.

*chuckles*

But as Ona said, it depends on your work location. Costumes, like everything else at WDW, are themed to the area they're in. When you're in your work location, you don't look out of place, to be honest. (For instance, the Jungle Cruise costume is like a safari costume, the haunted mansion is like a butler/maid costume). QSF&B is no different to anywhere else-the costume fits the area (usually...) and that probably means looking silly-but at least you're contributing to the experience of the guest!

To be honest, chances are that wherever you are, your costume will look fairly silly! But, as I always say... no matter how stupid you think you look in WDW... there is always always always always someone somewhere else in WDW who looks a thousand times stupider than you.

And chances are that person will always be me ;):p
    KC

9. KC

KC New Member

OK, so I got bored...

A few examples for you... (note that the majority of these are attractions costumes... But they give an example of the sort of thing you could be wearing... more or less. I'd think that most QS/F&B costumes would be simpler to allow for hygiene rules and that sort of thing)

First off, that GORGEOUS Soarin' costume
    [​IMG]

Mission Space... Where, if the ride (which is AWESOME!) doesn't make you sick, the CM costume probably will. Note that this one comes with a baseball cap, if I recall correctly.
    [​IMG]

A future world cast member... I've no idea what position or where in Future World that's from... That's Spaceship Earth in the design though... Not some odd amoeba... :eek:
    [​IMG]

From the garden grill at epcot
    [​IMG]

That blue/green whatchamacallit from Livin' with the Land
    [​IMG]

Buzz Lighyear's space ranger spin
    [​IMG]

More to come... Scared yet? :p
    KC

10. KC

KC New Member

Haunted Mansion
    [​IMG]

Merch costumes at Echo Lake in MGM Studios...
    [​IMG]

Country bear jamboree (love that neckerchief...)
    [​IMG]

Jungle Cruise (Groovy hat!)
    [​IMG]

Some World Showcase CMs... (L to R... China (attractions), France(merch), UK(merch), Canada(food&bev/merch), Norway(not sure which position, though I think I've seen it on Norway Attractions), France (participant - artists etc.), Germany (merch)) {edited thanks to the super-fab and all knowing Ona!}
    [​IMG]

And just to top it off... some F&B costumes...

from Tony's Town Square Restaurant at MK...
    [​IMG]

Liberty Tree Tavern at MK (see the gals in the centre, I think the guy in the suit is just a manager :p)
    [​IMG]

And, an actual QSF&B costume...
    From Pecos Bills Tall Tale Inn & Café at MK...
    [​IMG]
    I know, I know. The bar is in the way... But I think the general look is flowy white shirt, black waistcoat thingy, black ruffley tie (think Austin Powers' frilly lace cravatte-just without the lace), tricorner hat (like Captain Jack Sparrow, for instance, but without the feather)

Hope that sheds some light on the situation!
    We are gonna look stooooooooooooopid!

Yay! ::)
    KC

11. KC

KC New Member

Oh! And I almost forgot! I DO know of a QSF&B costume online that's easy to see! How I ever forgot it, I'll never know.

One of our own...
    In Main Street USA QSF&B (working at Main Street Bakery and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor)...

(note to the particular person who this is-who I wont mention lest she doesn't want to be named... I am NOT making fun of you! You have a QSF&B costume and a WDWIPer wanted to see a QSF&B costume... I think your costume suits you, actually... You pull it off better than I could! ::) If you want it taken down, lemme know!)

Dun she look lovely?
    [img height=500]http://www.freewebs.com/disneygibbs/11.2.jpg[/img]

Yay!
    KC

12. Ona

Ona Member

Lol v. entertaining. And v. true. ;D

And 9 times out of 10 it'll be a guest! ;D

The flag costume was towers, IG, glow and rescue rangers. The worst part of that costume was the white (and decidedly see-through :eek: ) shorts. Bad, evil idea. There are some things that no-one wants to see! ;D I'm pretty sure the spaceship earth style shirt is future world operations; park greeting, spaceship earth itself, leave a legacy, strollers etc. I was there when Mission: Space opened and everyone at the time thought the costume was cool. :-\ ;D

Another particulary bad costume is all stars. Beaches & cream is amusing too ( :-* sorry nick if you ever come back on here ;D ).

The world showcase costumes there are:

China (attractions), France(merch), UK(merch), Canada(food&bev/merch), Norway(not sure which position), France (participant - artists etc.), Germany (merch). :)

Ona x

13. snow.white87

snow.white87 New Member

Lou is so cute in her costume!! Totally workin' it runway style!!

I think Haunted Mansion costumes are best...BY FAR! They're so...cool!

14. KC

KC New Member

*chuckles* I've just noticed in that picture... something she's been giving out about for ages *giggles*

See the creases on the apron straps? They're never ironed properly when she gets them-so they've got creases down the middle and dont sit right. So, in her quest for perfection, she irons them herself! It's got her award cards already, I think she was saying!

Ah, the perfectionist! :D
    KC

15. spa_life_girl

spa_life_girl New Member

How I would LOVE to wear TAILS!!!

Not so much in that HEAT however!! They totally EXUDE ATTITUDE in HAUNTED MASION as well!! LOVE IT!!! ;D

16. KC

KC New Member

*chuckles* That is a VERY cool costume, actually. I especially like how well the purple, green and black go together *nods*

I'd LOVE that costume! :D

If you're a girl (which, I'm presuming you are ::) But then, you never know!), your HM costume would be a maid costume with bonnet thingy and long skirt, as far as I know *chuckles*

HM guys costumes are sooo much cooler than HM girls costumes... There's a whole Boys V Girls thread that could be made from this... but let's not :p :D

KC, maaaaaaaaaaad... also, jealous of the HM CMs

17. KC

KC New Member

18. monkian

monkian New Member

cool website but how come if you go to look at the u.k ...he calls it england????? thats just plain mean!!!

19. chezza

chezza New Member

i know most americans think wales is in england!!! noooooooooo
    i really dont care what my uniform is, like you say we will all look comical! i think it will funny to look back on all the photos we take

20. adjonline

adjonline New Member

To repeat Ona, it's costume!!! :D:D:D