UK visa for ICP

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by whereyourdreamscometrue, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I'm getting quite worried about this. It doesn't have to be sorted for a couple of months but I need my mind reassuring considering dates.

After reading posts on both this forum and Facebook I have seen people talking about the dates they put on the application form for Disney and how that impacts us getting a visa or not. Is it true that the US Embassy will only give you a visa dependant on the dates you put on Disney's application form? The ones I put are the official uni summer dates rather than when I would definetly be free as when I had my interview not even the uni knew when exams would be finished so the dates that I am free where not known. Will that matter as I will be leaving 5 days before the uni summer term officially ends?

Please ease my worries :(

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

the embassy usually contact you about a month or two before, you go down for one day, the dates of the visa will be active will be the day you fly out to about a month after you finish, your offical dates will be the ones on the contract you signed and faxed to disney

3. Jar

Jar New Member

All they wanna know Visa wise, is that your defiently coming back to the UK, (hence your uni dates) thats all it really is! They just wanna make sure your not gonna stay in the states and live there forever basically! ;D

4. So it doesn't matter that the uni summer starting dates are after when I go to FL?

5. dberridge

dberridge New Member

No I think you have to produce a university letter saying that your studies have finished before hand:)
    I can't book my appointment till monday, i rang and they said it should be fine which is a boost:)

6. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I asked this specifically at my interview...

the visa will start 1 week before u fly out to florida. so dont worry about it!

u can go earlier than ur start date so long as u find ur own accomodation.