UK Applicants: little help?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by EilidhMac, Oct 27, 2011.

1. EilidhMac

EilidhMac New Member

Hello! I'm a newbie with a phone interview in 2 hours (eek!)
    Just a quick question! I was reading that a lot of you "ticked off" that you would like to do certain roles (like attractions, food&bev, entertainment) and I was just wondering where you did this. I don't know if it's different for different countries but all I can find on the YummyJobs site is "area of expertise" which I just assumed to mean what you consider yourself best at. I really would love to work on attractions but I'm not sure where to put it! Or will they ask in the interview.

Been reading all your threads and the questions you got asked and I've practised answers to all of them! So thanks! haha.

Eilidh

2. Linzee

Linzee New Member

Hey, I've just done a programme and last year we didn't have to tick our preferences until the F2F stage, so don't worry I wouldn't have thought you need to do anything like that just yet :)
    Oh and good luck with your interview :)

3. EilidhMac

EilidhMac New Member

That's awesome, thanks for your help!
    And thanks! *fingers crossed* :D

4. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Yep, you don't get a choice of roles until face to face, so it's nothing to worry about just yet :p Hope your phone interview went well!! Good Luck :D xx

5. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

could someone tell me like the exact roles you can do? i think i know them all but i'm scared i might not know about some and will look like a tool or miss out on something lol thanks i'd really appreciate it :)

6. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

Attractions (which i did), custodial, operations (main gate), bell hop, housekeeping, lifeguard, merchandising, quick service food and bev, normal food and bev (restuarant), fur character performer and a few others i may have forgotten!

www.lisa-moran.blogspot.com

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

There's quick service food and beverage, full service food and beverage (not a server), merchandise, lifeguard, custodial, attractions, bell services, costuming, character performer, character attendant, housekeeping, recreation, main entrance operations. Think that's it, but it does change from year to year (i.e. in 2009 there wasn't character attendant) :)
    Xx

8. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

aw thanks that was really helpful :) what exactly do you do in attractions? is it just to do with the rides etc?

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You're welcome! Yep - you'll either be running one ride (such as Mission: Space) or several (e.g. Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Buzz Lightyear) depending on where you are. I think that Main St. Ops is also attractions perhaps (I get confused), but you might be doing a show too, such as Indiana Jones.
    If you haven't heard from Yummy yet I'd suggest emailing them about a phone interview so you know either way :)
    xx

10. alicemcg

alicemcg New Member

aww thanks, sounds like fun!!! :) just sent an email off to yummyjobs there now, I hope i receive good news back, I'd be devastated if they were just tryna blow me off lol continue the waiting game ...

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I hope they do get back to you - my email didn't arrive initially so I had to chase them up!
    And attractions is amazing fun - if you work with good people! If you have people that su-uck it can drag a bit! I only worked at Mission Space so I can't speak for other places, but I loved it there. And two of my closest friends still work there. And thanks to the wonders of smartphones I can text them still :)

This waiting game sucks ass though :(
    xx

12. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

My comment is just if you get attractions be prepared that it could be main entrance ops, not that this is a problem, I still had an amazing role, but when you get there and you think you're definitely attractions and you get placed at down town disney you get kinda confused :/ but still either role seems to have been pretty good from what everyone else has said too :) good luck!

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Also, if you get downtown disney in attractions you could be at disneyquest. My roomie did that
    Xx