Travelling

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by josh.p., Oct 27, 2010.

1. josh.p.

josh.p. New Member

I know this is getting a bit 'ahead of the game' considering I don't even know if I have an F-2-F interview, but when you purchase your ticket to Orlando, how do you get a return ticket if most people travel after the program? I'm guessing you have to buy a return ticket as part of your visa specification, but if I got a return ticket London > Orlando and then Orlando > London, do most cast members just buy a ticket from Orlando > wherever they are travelling, and then switch their return ticket to say Newyork > London?

2. DiegoZapien

DiegoZapien New Member

You could do that, Josh. But as a Travel Agent I don't recomend re-routing the TKT, sometimes it can be way more expensive because each airport has different tax fees (like airport use). It mostly depends on the type of Visa you need, for example, Q1 requires a one way ticket because the lenght of permanence in the country is a year and most Selling Platforms can't cover the exact year at the moment of purchase, if you buy a RT TKT you'd need to change the return fee and that implies penalty change + fee difference if it applies (and it will most likely).

So, my advise is wait to see what type of Visa you need and what the specifications are.

I hope my advised helped you.

3. josh.p.

josh.p. New Member

Thank you very much, that is really hepful! I think I will be on a J-1 visa. It's the 3 month program with 30 days to travel at the end of it.

4. jameshamuk

jameshamuk New Member

Its cheaper to do a UK to Orlando then New York to UK flight, saved me around £120 last year doing that with Virgin Atlantic.

Also I wouldnt go with the STA flight Yummy Jobs sorts out for you as its a lot more expensive. Even though it is a flexible flight it was cheaper to go with Virgin AND I changed my return date whilst in Orlando for travelling purposes.

My flight was £473 + £75 date change, whereas the STA flight was £620 or something