Travelling at the end of the program and 'Multi city' flights

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by nemo, Dec 27, 2008.

1. nemo

nemo New Member

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering who is likely to be embarking on a bit of travelling at the end or their program?

Also, I don't know if this will be too late to help anyone, but Virgin offer a 'Multi City' option when booking a flight through their website. This means you can fly to Orlando on the way out and fly back from a different city on the way home and it still counts as a return ticket and there is not change of airport charge.

For example, I am looking to fly from Manchester to Orlando on June 21st, returning on September 17th. I'm going to do a bit of travelling at the end of the program, ending up in Washington DC. So I looked at the multi city option on Virgin and a return ticket flying from Manchester to Orlando on June 21st and Washington DC to London Heathrow on September 17th is only £307, which is a fair bit cheaper than booking a normal return ticket from Manchester to Orlando and i don't have to get back to orlando to get back home!

So I hope this helps! and sorry about the rambling!

Em xxx

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hey Em
    Just started a topic on this - should probably have looked first!!
    I'm thinking of travelling after the end of the program, but would quite like someone to go with!!

I was looking into some Contiki trips - tho they are quite a lot of money (but good value for what you get!)
    Would you be interested in one of those?

Also, I've booked my ticket but I return from Orlando (tho I can change the date if necessary for travel)

Sorry for the ramble!!
    Katie xx

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I'll go depending on where you are going and for how long

4. nemo

nemo New Member

Hello!
    My boyfriend is doing the program too and we've looked into it and think we're just going to travel round florida and see everything you don't normally see and do some diving in the keys. If anyone wants to join us that would be great! xx

5. nemo

nemo New Member

o, i should have said, we fly hom on seltember 17th so will make it back to orlando for then!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Id love to do something like that, but i was only thinking of a couple of days cause i dont know how much time i would be able to get off work, im already pushing it at 10 weeks, haha.

7. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I'll still be in Orlando, my parents are coming out for a few weeks so I'll fly home with them. If anyone's staying in Orlando let me know!!

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i may stay in orlando for a few days after the program, not sure yet.

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'll prob be there for a few days before I set off!
    I'm going to be sending stuff home with my mum and dad when they come out!
    And I may end up in Orlando for a couple of days before I come home - my flights from back there!
    xx

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

klkl, i would need to move my flight date if i wanted to stay longer.

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I didn't book my return till sep 10th, but may still need to change the flight for the tour I want to do!
    xx

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

what tour is it you want to do?

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

either the Grand Canadian (tho that's expensive :(), the northern escape or north by north east I think - basically anything in the north of america!
    xx

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

awesome, i would love to go to new york, my mum and dad are thinking of doing the west coast next year so i wont want to go there during the summer, not that i was planning to, haha.

15. Peever

Peever New Member

I finish June 4th 2010 and I am looking on doing a road trip across the US and across Canada back to my home. I am doing a bit of planning now and decided I want to go from Orlando to Los Angeles and North to Vancouver then head East to get back to my home city in Thunder Bay. After wards I am most likely making my way to Europe. But you know your more than welcome to join me on my road trip across America and Canada! I am also looking for someone to join me or more even. I plan to buy a Car in Orlando so :)

16. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

i'm gonna be in Florida for a few days before going to LA Charlotte :)

17. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

hey hey!iv booked, Orlando to Miami train (amtrak),then ferrie over to bahamas, fly from Miami to Los Angeles,over land to grand canyon and san francisco and then fly home Cheesy:D!!

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

wow, use are all making me so jealous, it doesnt look like we are going to california next year now, argh! quite disappointed, but i think were going to africa instead. I really want to go to las vegas, but we are still considering on what to do, but my mum and dad are not coming out to see me this year, my dad doesnt want to go to florida again cause hes done it three times, but i fancy going to miami or staying in orlando for a few days after my program. I just really need to wait and see how my financial situation is through the next few months ;D

19. Laura Jane

Laura Jane New Member

I booked my flight for 4 days after i finish working. No idea what i'll be doing yet though! Fancy some surfing or something... xx

20. Austin

Austin New Member

Hey, My program finishes on October 5th and am flying back from New York JFK on the 26th so i've got 2 weeks to do a bit of travelling and get to NY cos i've managed to blag myself some work experience at an advertising company there for the week! Cant Wait!!! :D