Travelling After

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by LisaInWonderland, Dec 3, 2010.

1. LisaInWonderland

LisaInWonderland New Member

Wheres everyone planning after?

Im thinking Miami & New York x

2. Aisling

Aisling New Member

I'm thinking San Fran or NYC

3. josh.p.

josh.p. New Member

I'm thinking Miami & New York too :)

4. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

I definitely want to go to New York, maybe Miami not sure where else :)

5. Ryan@disney

Ryan@disney New Member

Depending on how much I manage to save while I'm out there, I'm thinking of doing California, Vegas and New York. Vegas and calif are together so would have to pay for another flight, but would be worth it if I could get all 3 in!

6. Rosebud09

Rosebud09 New Member

yeah i definitely want to do miami and then i don't know where else i mean i would LOVE to check out california and las vegas but i don't know if the money will allowww!

how exciting :) xxx

7. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

I would definitely recommend Manhattan, New York as one of the best places to go afterwards- travelling isn't an option for me though down to university term dates :-\- do you guys get a long summer or something?

8. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

To be honest i'm not sure when term re-starts no dates have been published yet but this year it was 4th Oct so I should be good for a little bit of travelling, if the funds allow :) It's a shame you can't travel but at least you get to do the program ;D

9. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

A lot of people travelled to Miami in the middle of the program. Didn't do it myself but from what I heard it was fairly straightforward to do.

10. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

It looks like it's about 300 dollars to get to JFK, new york from orlando, so that's what- 190/200 pounds, would definitely be number one on my list. Miami's probably a lot easier to get to though, but i'd prefer Tampa Bay or key west for a beach holiday :D

11. Linzee

Linzee New Member

you can get flights to New York for like £50/60 but that's to Newark, have a look on expedia :)

12. marmalade262

marmalade262 New Member

Are we definitely allowed to travel after the summer programme?

13. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Your visa allows you to travel within the US for up to 30 days from the end of your program. You are NOT allowed to travel if you leave Disney early for whatever reason though.

14. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Just remember that the 30 days includes preparing for arrival and departure from your job.
    So if you get in to America early, say 5 days before you start at Disney, then you only have 25 days to leave the country after the program ends.
    :)

15. Linzee

Linzee New Member

I think from the UK you're allowed 30 days either side, i'm sure i read that on yummy jobs somewhere ???

16. wdwardy

wdwardy New Member

Miami, New York, LA :) Possibly San Fransisco!

17. xSmidgex

xSmidgex New Member

yea thats what Hannah told me :) however they don't recommend you go out more than a week before...but afterwards take the full 30 if you can :D

x

18. MitchellC

MitchellC New Member

Awesome, I'll have to see if that is the same for Aussies..
    I was under the impression that it was 30 total, so I'll have to send an email.

19. NZ_Jess

NZ_Jess New Member

@Mitchell, I'm pretty sure we get the 30 days before and after. But it would pay to double check.

I'm hoping to go to Miami during my program. I'm also planning on doing a disney cruise, then after, I wanna do a 4-day contiki in LA and a couple nights in Vegas :D