Timeline of preparation

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by *PennyCrayon*, Nov 2, 2008.

1. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Ok so I was just wondering if those who have done the ICP before could help us newbies to the prog by putting up a timeline of preparation for the summer. For example obtaining Visas, booking flights etc.

It would be much appreciated! ;D

2. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Which program are you on penny?

3. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

international college program :D

4. Kevus

Kevus New Member

Ok well if you’re heading out on the summer icp then you should have your face to face in the coming weeks.

I’m going to start from September and work round the year,

Firstly you apply and usually have a phone interview with in September and October
    Then a few weeks after the face to face happen in November and December

Towards the middle of December you should hopefully have received a confirmation and your role (this might be later this year)

The New Year (or just before) starts with a welcome pack from Disney and yummy with some contracts that you can look over,

(these do not need to be returned or signed)

In February to about April, you want to be doing the Disclosure form first and you will receive an email and letter in the post about arrange your visa,

(I would suggest April or early may if you are leaving on the last date).

When it comes to organising your flights that can be done at any point

(But I do highly suggest waiting, you might get to know people via, Facebook and the forums and maybe some meets and you might want to travel with them after the program, it’s something to look into if you want to travel)

Once you have your visa, your disclosure check and flight sorted its just now a case of playing the waiting game…

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thats quite a good timeline. I would be great to find out before christmas if i got in. With the flights i would quite like to book mine soon after finding out if i got in. Is the visa process long?

6. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

I know same here! I want to go on the same flight as other disney people though so we can all go together :) Its what my brother did when he went in oct for 6 months.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, me and Carla (Freckles) are planning to get the same flight out if we both get accepted, but on the way back i am thinking of going to visit family friends in Canada for a week or so, i dont know, ill need to see how everything plans out.

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

we are indeed. even though the flight is sold out from manchester with virgin *grr*

i do believe we find out two weeks after all teh interviews have finished....so it would be christmas i think.

9. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Ahhh thats so cool. I'm really looking forward to interviews, got loads of stuff to do beforehand though eek lol.

That'd be a pretty cool christmas if you find out you were going

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yeah, best christmas present ever!

11. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Makes me so happy, just thinking about it! :D

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I get excited all the time, i was in john lewis today looking at suitcases and i was getting excited, planning everything in my head. I just hope i get on the program. would be the best gift anyone has ever given me. ;D ;D

13. opherrichards

opherrichards New Member

Just realised the suitcase I ahve at the moment to bring my washing home from uni will definately not be big enough to go to disney with - would need one twice the size just to bring back all the merchandise home!
    And guys, it will be compulsory to decorate your suitcase with mickey heads. So we all look cool walk around the airports ;D

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, thats my plan. Im going virgin PE on the way bck just to get the higher luggage weight. My dad refuses to upgrade my flight though, he will cave in when i agree to pay, he normally does.

15. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

I was the only one with two huge suitcases on my flight the last time I went. The security guards even mentioned it to others travelling on my flight who checked in after me :D Everybody else only had one, but it meant I had a little extra to carry around but didnt get hit with charges on the way back.

I'm planning on doing some travelling afterwards this time, so taking two ginormous suitcases might not be the best idea...I'll just have to beg people to come and visit and bring an extra suitcase with them (each) to take all my stuff home in ;D

16. vik

vik New Member

i had two GIANT suitcases to take with me this year and everyone laughed at me! i might see if i can put one inside the other on the way there if i get in cos carrying my 2 GIANT suitcases up to the 3rd floor at vista after a long day of traveling was tres stressful!

17. Freckles

Freckles Guest

I'm defo sending stuff home through the post. i am gonna need to.

i am staying on at WDW for a holiday. :) yay.

18. I brought on suitcase with me and then 2 going back. They tried to charge me on the way there but my dad talked the woman at the desk out of it.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Haha, thats quite funnny. I think im going to take one big suitcase and a little one if i get on the program but having two may cause problems if i plan to travel afterwards. hehe.

20. Freckles

Freckles Guest

at the interview they said we hve to buy flexi tickets...how many people did this? cos leom and I looked last night and with virgin on economy its £1200!

i talked to people today and they said they got a return and had no problems with the visas.