Things to do Before You Go...

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by lozamungo, Apr 25, 2010.

1. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

Hey guys!!

I'm leaving in a week!! Maaad!!! It's come round wayyyy too quickly, which means I have been a disorganised mess and have no idea what I need to do/take etc etc!! Is there anything major I need to do before I go?!?! And what forms etc should I bring?! I'm just double checking because I know I'll be an absolute tool and forget something!

Thankkkks!!

xx

2. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

Ok....(I really hope though that you've done some of these things already lol!)

-Book flights
    -get visa (you'll need to remember to keep the DS2019 and passport in your hand luggage)
    -Buy medical/travel insurance
    -Pay $100 Program assessment fee
    -Pack but make sure you're within the baggage allowance.
    -Take (have available) approx $300 or so to cover your expenses for the first week.
    -Make sure you've got enough of any prescription medications/contact lenses/etc to last while you're in the US
    -Double check flight details etc
    -Know where you're going once you get to Orlando
    -It's probably worth making sure you've got any documents that you may need in your hand luggage such as CRB check, insurance paperwork, visa paperwork, relevant receipts, acceptance letter, etc. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    -Don't forget it'll be quite hot once you land in Orlando so don't dress too warmly.

3. lozamungo

lozamungo New Member

ahhh thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!! ;D