THE INTERVIEW!!!!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Well i have got home from the interview and it went well..i think. couldnt stop smiling the whole way through.

i want to type about it but i dont want to ruin it for you guys. its an amazing experience such a friendly and warm environment.

Met loads of people who were cool. Just wondering what people are thinking ater their interview or before hand?

2. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Ooooer Sounds like it went well!

=]

Let me know more details laters! =]] x

3. ariella

ariella New Member

Ohhh glad it went well! I can't wait to hear all the details! This is making me more excited for my interview, hopefully the spring dates get released soon!

4. AndyFromDonny

AndyFromDonny New Member

Great stuff, what kind of stuff went on at the interview then? I'm excited now just a week and 2 days to mine.

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

it seemed to depend on who you got. roger was very laid back and it was random questions and i was thrown by why i ended up picking drama. i got asked my fave character which was cool.

michelle put up scenarios apparently one was: if a family of four were going home one day. they really wanted to go on space mountain but teh waits had been too long. this time they decided why not and started queing. whilst queing it broke down and the line was held for three hours, making the line shuffle forward to make ti seem like it was working. this family have never been on the ride and its the last thing they need to do and wont be returning to wdw for years due to finances. you are the cast member who has to tell them that space mountain has broken down. what do you do?

apparently a girl said give free merchandise. then when michelle said she got it wrong, said to tell them space mountain isnt cracked up to be what people say it is.

so be careful what you say. i think i typed that scenario right, i think im missing some bits but i just woke up from a nap.

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

ooh - that's a hard one carla!
    i had roger, he didn't ask any random questions like that. he asked what my favourite part of disney was, and what my favourite character was and why (tho i'd ran into an irish guy in subway who'd told me about that one, so i was ready!) tho the girl with me wasn't she was a little thrown by it! tho i ended up singing the lauging place song for splash mountain!
    i was asked why i picked my degree, wasn't too bad but it was still a little unerving!
    i don't think i stopped smiling either!!
    a really good day all in all!
    xx

7. Kevus

Kevus New Member

so what was the final role list?

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

1) QS F+B
    2)Merchandise
    3)Full S F+B
    4)Character
    5)Lifeguard
    6)Attractions
    7)Custodial
    8)Costuming (limit roles available)
    9) Bell Hop

I think that was it.

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

you forgot
    Main Entrance Operations! ;)
    what did you put in the end Carla?
    xx

10. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Attractions (mentioning spiel even though he said that it isnt decided til training what role you get...i will try to talk a lot).

looking back i didnt get to say about my role in our installation. i will have to mention i if....should i say when i get in. ive been told to think positive as well as everyone else by yummy jobs and roger!!!

Character - we talked about the heat and i said i understood.

Merchandise.

11. KC

KC New Member

OK, so I have one question for you Liverpool interview types...

How was Valerie? ;) :D

12. Freckles

Freckles Guest

as annoying as she is on the tv guide in the resorts!

though we laughed at the guy in the apartment. that was hilarious. and they didnt mind us laughing at them not with them. though they said we were polite laughing at the jokes that ehmexican lady said. i cant remember names.

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

yeah - that guy was sooo scripted! when he randomly put on his glasses - what was that???
    i think the mexican lady was called cano? or cado? something like that anyway!
    roger didn't go into roles with us - he said he would have if it was a CRP or the J1A one, but as we were only there for 2 months it didn't matter so much. i'm now hoping he was just tired, and it's not a bad sign!
    my problem is, i over analyse everything!!!
    xx

14. xVickix

xVickix New Member

hey freckles,

can i ask you what the format for the interview was....was it individual or in a group or pair??

starting to get really excited...my interview is on Friday.

xxxx

15. KC

KC New Member

Actually, it's a girl called Stacey in the resorts! Valerie is just for us international types! She's amazing! ;) :D

Oh, and yes, the guy from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan... Not the greatest actor... But hey, he was an actual CRP, so I suppose it's sorta allowable... He wasn't a professional or anything!

Oh, and I have it on good authority from a certain recruiter I met once that they really don't like the girl in the yellow MK costume (Main St. Confectionery, I believe) because they think she seems really annoyed to be on the video!!

Ooh, I can't wait to see it again!! :D

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah that girl yeah she kinda doesnt look as happy as the others! i would love to be int eh video! when it went onto the british people iwa s trying to place the accents!

Vicki: cos of the numbers it was done in pairs and they wanted to see interaction between the two of you. which didnt help me and anthony as we had talked loads beforehand. but we hope it cam across lol i think it did. its really relaxed so be careful you dont slip into a false sense of security, still stay professional.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am so excited, so do you know who you are going into the interview with then?

18. Kevus

Kevus New Member

you find out after the presentation, they read out everyones name

19. KC

KC New Member

So you can find out who you're going to be interviewing with beforehand? Cool!

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thats great, i hope i get quite an early slot, but then that gives less time to get to know the person your going into the interview with, hmmmm!