The Chronicles of Narnia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ~Disney_Princess~, May 5, 2008.

1. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I absolutely loved the movie The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and I can't wait to see Prince Caspian. I've read all the books and I love those too. I usually find that movies pale in comparison to the books they're based on but this movie was so well done and really brought the story to life. Prince Caspian looks just as good if not better and I know that they're planning on making a movie of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I want them to make movies of all the books but I don't think they will...

2. Disney_Geek

Disney_Geek Member

There was something about it on ITM this week. I've only ever read the first few pages of the first book. Was pretty neat! I've been in some LWW shows b4 like. Is the white witch only in LWW? Or what other baddies do they face? :p

3. ~Disney_Princess~

The Whitch Witch actually first appears in The Magicians Nephew, which is the first book in the series. She dies in LWW and doesn't come back. In Prince Caspian they're fighting Caspian's uncle who's trying to take over Narnia when Caspian's But I won't say too much ;) There's also underground monsters, dragons, magic enchantments, and other strange creatures that are faced. Oh and Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy aren't in any other books besides LWW and PC and a little in the Last Battle (well they're kind of mentioned in the background a bit)
    You really have to read all the books cuz it all comes together in the end.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I've read the entire series and loved it! I wish they'd film the whole thing.

5. ~Disney_Princess~

I'd love to see the whole series put to film too! Especially The Magicians Nephew. I love that one. The idea of travelling to other worlds is something I've always loved, plus it's the first book. I also love the way it connects to LWW because Professor Kirke, who owns the wardrobe is in fact the Magicians nephew Diggory who goes on an adventure to different world by using magic rings that his uncle (the magician) made. On this adventure with his neighbor Polly he unfortunately releases the White Witch from one of the worlds they visit, Narnia is created by Aslan and other little things that are alluded to in LWW and throughout the series.