Tax Refunds - get yours really quickly!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by taxrefunds, Feb 3, 2009.

1. taxrefunds

taxrefunds New Member

Hi Guys,

Preparing your tax refund can be a horrible and slow process. I'm an ex IP myself (UK) and am offering to file your tax return for you, for just $15 (or equivalent in your currency if you're back home). All you need to do is provide me with a scan of your W-2, and then pay the $15 when you get your refund.

Drop me an email: disneytax@gmail.com to get more information.

This method is good for both current programme participants, and those who have now left the USA. I'm also offering free advice for anyone with questions about the refund process. Just don't post them here because I don't check my messages, contact me via email :)

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. marrylhyn07

marrylhyn07 New Member

If you want to get your taxes in early and get your refund quickly, there are strategies on how to get those money in your pockets as soon as possible. You should find this Filing Back Taxes first because they really know how it is. They can also help you about your tax problem like what they did to me!

3. catfish278

catfish278 Member

And do NOT use taxback.com. they rip you off!!!

4. princess09

princess09 New Member

I just want to say thank you for sharing with us that information. When I refer to Tax Attorney, it says there that a tax refund is a refund on taxes when the tax liability is less than the taxes paid. Taxpayers can often get a tax refund on their income tax if the tax they owe is less than the sum of the total amount of refundable tax credits that they claim or the total amount of withholding that they paid.

5. Mr T

Mr T New Member

perhaps me being a bit thick but what can we claim a tax refund on, would that be just income tax?

ad

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You get taxed whilst you're working at disney which you are paying the american government... because you're not american you have the right to claim it back once you get home - which can equate to about an extra £100 once you're home! ;D

7. antonitte03

antonitte03 New Member

I have found out that in certain cases when you are working for a company it is possible for you to pay too much tax to the tax office. This particularly happens if you have alternate jobs or have more than one job at one point. If you somehow feel that you are charged too much tax on your earnings there are ways to put in claim for repayment but the task is indeed tedious. Filing Back Taxes

8. BANGItsLaura

BANGItsLaura New Member

This is very confusing.
    So you can only claim your tax back from working in America once you're home?
    Or you can sort it out before?
    What is the tax rate out there?

Anyone who can help someone who doesn't really understand this, would be greatly appreciated.
    ???

9. StevenC

StevenC New Member

my bf did ICP in 2008 and hes currently out there doing CRP atm.

hes told me i shouldnt even be thinking of tax refunds until i arrive back in england after the summer.

we havent even been taxed yet so we dont need to worry about it till after lol

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Hello... don't worry about getting tax back until you are safely back in the UK after your amazing summer! Basically, you pay US taxes which are deducted from your paycheck (about $20 a week) but because you are not an american citizen you do not have to legally pay these taxes... so when you come home you can fill out a form to claim them back. It takes a few weeks but then you get a cheque for the amount you paid - it means you can get anywhere between £50-100+ back once you're home from florida! You can't sort anything out beforehand and I am not sure of the actual rate but like I said, I think it's about $20 a week or something like that.

11. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

How do I sort my taxes from last summer?
    On something I read apparently I need a W2 form... help?
    xx

12. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I have got the details from another previous ICP in a word document I think on my computer somewhere... if you give me your email address I can try and dig it out for you!

13. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

If you find it could you send it to me please?! My email is charlotte.syers@hotmail.co.uk

I've looked at a few companies that sort it out for you but I'm not really sure which ones I can trust so I don't dare do anything haha!

14. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Ok after much searching I couldn't find it which is frustrating however I have found the same information within the forum - hopefully all the details you need are on here:

http://www.wdwip.com/smf/index.php?topic=6792.0

Half way down page 1 is where it says "what rob (chilton) says" and thats what he emailed me at the time!!

15. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Thanks Catherine!
    I am right in saying we haven't got the form through yet for wages and whatnot though?
    xx

16. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

I'm assuming taxes are somewhat similar between all countries, meaning that the tax year is the actual Calendar year.

In Canada T4's (which is a summary of earnings) are sent in February, so if you worked there in 2009, you'll be receiving your tax slips in the next month or two.

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Ah OK - in the UK our tax year is from April to April (I have no idea why!)
    Just have to wait for the form I guess....
    xx

18. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yeah the W2 form (I think it's called that) will be sent between jan and feb if I remember rightly!!

19. taxback.com

taxback.com New Member

Dear Ms Bass (catfish278),

I see you used the taxback.com service for your 2008 US tax refund and we paid your refund to you in April 2009. I’m interested in your comment above in relation to the service and regret if you were not 100% happy. Before filing your tax return we advised you of how much tax you were owed from the US Government and our fee for this service and you agreed to proceed with the application and our minimum fee. When working in the US you can’t claim back all the tax you pay – only the tax that you overpay. We have more than 13 years experience in filing more than 130,000 tax returns every year and we always make sure we get back as much tax as possible for our customers. If you’ve got any other questions about our tax filing process please feel free to contact our team at: http://www.taxback.com/ContactUs.asp

20. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I did mine myself. There are instructions and online filing. It wasn't difficult.