TAFE or Uni?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by MagicBeat, Mar 15, 2011.

1. MagicBeat

MagicBeat New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Katie from Australia and I have pretty much just discovered this international program with Disney :)
    I have read most of the posts on this forum but I can't seem to find anything about TAFE courses so thought it would be better to start a new topic 8)
    I'm just wondering, does anybody know if Uni courses are favoured over TAFE courses? I have contacted somebody already and they say that the Certificate IV that I'm planning to do will qualify but does anybody know if Uni courses or higher qualification courses like degrees or majors are more favoured? Does that make sense? :p

Thank you to anybody who can help!

2. Broadyfalcon

Broadyfalcon New Member

Hi Katie

Given the program us Aussies do I don't see why it would - basically we would do entry level jobs (I am applying for Jan 2012 so these are just my observations from reading this board). I may be wrong but I assume your personality and "how you interview" as well as previous job experience (ie retail or fast food or something) - even things like travel overseas interacting with other cultures would have more bearing on their selection than tafe v Uni - although perhaps if your a hospitality student it may help.

That's just my opinion (if your cooking fries or selling Mickey ears why would a BA be more useful than a cert IV).....anyway I know that the last start date wasn't totally full (very close however) and apparently most Aussies n kiwis get accepted. Good luck with your application!

Liam :)