Support Group for Canadians Waiting to Hear From Disney

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by SteffieDavis, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

... because the next two weeks really suck :p

Who else has come up with better answers than they said in their interview? Who else has checked their email more frequently than normal? Who else has been looking at disney pics/listening to disney music and wishing they were there?? It has only been two days since my interview, and i am already stressing-- tell me I'm not alone!!

Here's hoping!!
    Faith & Trust & Pixie Dust!

2. wisnieea

wisnieea New Member

You are definately NOT alone! My interview was yesterday and I am already all panicky. Everytime my Blackberry goes off I grab it thinking it could be from Yummy Jobs. Even though I KNOW its not.

Uhg.... waiting :(

Em

3. cristina28

cristina28 New Member

me too..!! im totally freaked out.. well actually im not a canadian but at mexico we had the interview this monday... and im still waiting for the e-mail.. this week has been horrible... i cant think anything but disney and i cant even concentrate in my clasess is awful..!!

4. merfsko

merfsko New Member

Good Luck everyone!

5. missalice

missalice New Member

I can't wait! D: I've already checked my e-mail three times! Hopefully we'll know by next week! Kristen is pretty fast at getting back to us!

It's the only thing that's on my mind, since I've been questioning if I'm going to get to be a character or not because I got stuck with the newb. <_< I'm crossing my fingers and toes for everyone!!!!

Taylor

6. ariella

ariella New Member

Yes we definitely need a support group. I thought the wait was bad last year, this time it's even worse. I just feel sick to my stomach waiting. I don't know what Javier thought of my answers or if they were good enough. I'm going to drive myself nuts before you know it ::)

7. dsacco7

dsacco7 Member

hey everyone!!
    lets hope noone gets turned away!!
    Im so nervous waiting for the results but im hoping everyone gets it!!!

Plus heres a little incentive for everyone!!
    The first (possibly second) night were all there im gonna throw a party and im cooking for all us wonderful canadians!!!

-Daniel

8. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I want to know nowwwwww.

9. michelle.e.

michelle.e. New Member

ahhh!! The waiting game SUCKS!!!!

does anyone know how many Canadians they'll be taking this year and approx. how many applied?? ???

10. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

Perhaps we wont be waiting as long as we thought-- my sources in vancouver (aka tink**) say that yummy said def by this friday, maybe as early as monday!! AHHHHH!

11. disneykanadian

disneykanadian New Member

yes that is what Kristen said today in Vancouver. I'm so nervous too!! I want it to be next week already.

12. (i'm singing fantasmic as i'm writing this)
    i can't handle this monday news
    i feel like running around my building and screaming

john

13. also if we get in can we please ALL change our fb profile pics to us with mouse ears as like a big facebook statement
    haha

14. Jameouel

Jameouel New Member

Well every date we wait is one less day we have to wait lol ;)

15. missalice

missalice New Member

... O_O MONDAY?
    Oh lord, I'm going to be a mess all Sunday and Monday!

16. laurenflynn

laurenflynn New Member

I've been going crazy waiting since my Halifax interview last Saturday even though Canadian interviews were still going on!! I hope it's Monday cause I can't wait much longer!!

17. i got an email from kristen today with an offer for quick service food & beverage.
    i'm glad i was considered but i put on my application my top 7 and quick service didn't make the cut
    i kind of feel like crying, i thought i did so well on my interview/application/everything.
    anyone else get one of these too? i called her and apparently there's nothing really she can do...

john

18. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

ahhhh! scary scary email.... john it sounds like the same thing you got:

* edit: yummy jobs requested i take down this email

I dont know what this means, but i dont like it--- i dont think i'll go for quick service food and bev, i'll really have to think about it...

:(

19. laurenflynn

laurenflynn New Member

When I had my interview I was told that they had little to no jobs available in certain positions (such as Full Service Host/Hostess) and I'm not entirely sure how they do it but it is possible they didn't have many positions available that fell into your choices and not that it's any problem with you.

Are these emails pretty much sure things? I got one today too and I don't want to get excited before I know for sure!

20. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

no idea if its a sure thing or not, i'm still hoping there is still a possiblity of being offered one of my actual choices-- i had like 5 options tied for first, would have been thrilled with any of them, and a couple others i would have done just to be back there, but i dont think i can do quick service...
    ahhh i felt so good after my interview, and i've been confident almost to the point of cocky, this has certainly put me in my place :p