Suntan Lotion

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by emmyw87, Dec 24, 2009.

1. emmyw87

emmyw87 New Member

This is so stupid i am embarrassed to be asking it ..... my mum said that Disney might provide staff with suncream ? anyone know about this ? xx

2. ariella

ariella New Member

Yep, they provide you with sunscreen :). You can usually find some in the room you have to sign in backstage. They also give you free water and free gatorade.

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

oh yay!!
    That good, less sunscreen I have to buy! :p

4. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i dont know what kinda factor to go for cos i wanna get a tan ^_^ but i burn easily i rekon =s x

5. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I was never once provided with sunscreen and only character performers got gatorade and the only water we were provided came out of the fountain or a tap. Buy yourself loads of sunscreen, with a super high SPF, because you'll tan regardless! They give you a water bottle and a little water bottle holder to clip it to your costume.

6. ariella

ariella New Member

Wow that's odd you didn't get gatorade or free water. I was custodial in MK this past summer and there was huge dispensers of sunscreen all over the place for us, and free gatorade in the break rooms that anyone could use. Mind you, apparently the characters and PAC people got better gatorade apparently but I didn't mind. Every sign in room and break room had a water cooler that people could use to fill up their water bottles with or take a drink from. Did you work MK?

7. emmyw87

emmyw87 New Member

Brilliant thanks guys i thinking in investing in that once a day stuff you can apply but thats good its provided ! xx

8. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I think it must depend on your role because the only thing we were given in merch was water from a water cooler and refillable water bottles for when you're outside!

9. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

We had sunscreen wipes that were available in the 1st aid box, but I never used them. There was a water fountain but no Gatorade. TAKE YOUR OWN SUNSCREEN!!!! You WILL need it, I know someone who got sunstroke in the first few days which is not fun. I started out using factor 30 but at the end was using factor 10/15. It's really not fun having to go to work when you're burnt to a crisp, trust me!

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

No, I worked at Studios and I saw the stacks of gatorade in the character break room, but there was none for us! The sunscreen wipes burned my face,like they gave me a rash. BRING SUNSCREEN! =) haha.