Summer 2010 - Who cannot contain their excitement

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by jdavies, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jdavies

jdavies New Member

Hey guys I thought I would start a new discussion about the summer 2010 programme.
    Who cannot wait to go? Im so excited i hope i get accepted...
    im even learning basic spanish over summer to help my application ahhhhh ;D

Post your excitement and how you cannot wait until summer 2010 gets here :) ;) :D ;D

2. jdavies

jdavies New Member

What jobs are everyone thinking of doing? im thinking attractions ;D
    also where is everyone from? im from Port Talbot in South Wales. anyone near?

8) ;D

3. merfsko

merfsko New Member

I am SO excited, although less-then-excited about the thought of telling my manager that I'm applying :p

I introduced myself on the other thread, but I'll say it all again: I'm from Ontario, Canada and I'm hoping to go for Merchandise.

Only a month (for me, at least) until the application process begins!

Learning Spanish is a good idea! I only know enough French to hold a short conversation; wish I knew more.

Anyways, here's to the excitement!

4. jdavies

jdavies New Member

wow ;D i have to wait until september.
    im really bad at learning languages but i will give it a go anywhys...
    if i know a few phrases then that is going to give me the edge and able to answer questions from spanish guests :p
    even if im working on a attraction if i can ask spanish guests how many there are in the group then that would be advantageous :D
    my friend has gone to camp america in phillidelphia this year. i am so jealous because hes going to be away from all this welsh weather and meet loads of new people. i love meeting new people thats one of the reasons i want to go to WDW ;D ;D ;D

5. elliot23

elliot23 New Member

i cant wait to get back over in the states!! ;D
    its only been 6 months since my last visit to Orlando but am missing it like mad haha
    but i'm from liverpool,england an am hoping to get a lifeguardin position in one of the parks 8)
    if u do any sports or anythin team based like playing in an orchestra or somethin,av heard they see that as a benefit as disney is one big team
    so u cud join some sports clubs or somethin to get ur teamwork experience up aswell as learnin a new language....av got GCSE spanish so do u think its worth puttin that down when applying?? ??? ???

6. j.fritschij

j.fritschij New Member

I couldn't wait for the January '10 program, so I already applied in February. I had never expected that I were invited for an interview in April. And you know... I've been accepted for the J1A starting in January for 5-7 months!!! So I'm soooo happy and looking forward to start!

7. yay-disney

yay-disney New Member

OMG im sooooo excited. Haven't even had any feedback yet and i'm already pretty much planning my trip. I know, bit optimistic but i dont even want to think about not getting in. Im from Bucks, just outside of London and want to do operations or merchandise but really im game for pretty much anything!.

8. Loz

Loz New Member

Hi!
    I'm keen too! Being from Australia, I'll be there at the start of the year (our summer) in 2010.
    Can't wait to go back, I've done 3 months, but this is all new. I was a character performer last time and loved it so much that I signed up again.
    Hope to see you all there, good luck in the process!!

9. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I am very excited for my reapplication.
    My name is Leom and i am from Irvine, Scotland.
    I worked in merchandise this summer and i am hoping to apply for either attractions or character performer this year. Probably go for Attractions i think.
    I just hope i get the opportunity to go back, it is the most amazing experience ever.

10. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

i did icp 2008 and did merchandise in hollywood studios, loved it! but gonna try and get attractions or character attendant this time i think..but if it meant i got to go back i would do merch again!!

steph

11. cristiann

cristiann New Member

I'm really excited. Tomorrow I´ll get my results!! I want to goooo!!!

My name is Cristian, I´m from Argentina, and I chose Attractions, Bell Services and Character Attendant as main options.

If you want, you can add me: www.facebook.com/cristian.tenuta or if you use MSN: cristiant_88@hotmail.com , I red that some of you want to learn Spanish, so here it´s your opportunity :p I speak a bit of Italian too :)

12. Tom °O°

Tom °O° New Member

Hi,

Today I got invited for a phone interview! My name is Tom and I am from the Netherlands.

I already have some experience with working at a theme park because I'm working at de Efteling (Google it if you like, it's the Netherlands biggest theme park) as an attraction host and I really like it, so i'm pretty sure I'm gonna love working at WDW as well! :D I think I will go for attractions, main entrance operations or custodial. :)

You can add me at MSN, would be great to meet you all! See my profile.

13. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Yeeeah, I know what you mean about the telling your boss thing!!!
    I put her down as a ref even though I didn't ask her if I could, because I didn't have time to ask, and I reeeeeally didn't want to ask anyway! XD Not tha I'm a bad employee, its just it makes me seem unreliable or something. Not to mention she's scary haha!!

I'm applying for July 2010 for a year! We already had our F2F interviews in NZ, and we have to reply to their offers (if we get one) by the 7th of next month! So I hope that means that I'll find out soon!!!

Good lucky everyone!
    xx
    ~Kimmie