Suit and Shoes

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Freckles, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Ok so I am looking for suits atm, so far i have bought a jacket, trousers and two blouses from matalan. my first question is, will disney mind a cheap suit, cos its all i can afford as my parents cant chip in?

secondly, shoes. i cant walk in heels..its a rather funny sight. the only ones i can walk in are character shoes, which arent appropriate. will they mind me being in clunky shoes? or do they have to be...slender lol?

2. vik

vik New Member

as long as you look smart, disney do not mind. in terms of the interview, you just need to wear a tidy outfit, they won't care if it looks cheap, most of my interview outfit last year came from primark!

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

phew thats a relief. thanks for letting me know.

i have to return stuff as its too small..how it fits perfectly in the store and not when i get home i will never figured out lol.

i am going to get some nice shoes as my work ones are covered in beer and grease.

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Awww, i will be using my school shoes, just polish them up and that. I got my suit today, its lovely. i went through about 10 suits before i picked the one i did.

5. Freckles

Freckles Guest

you are as bad as us girls lmao!

i am going tomorrow to return mine and hope they have them in this store. i dont want to go back to peterborough just to return it cos i cant replace it up here.

6. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member

dont wear massively high heels, just little heels or flats are fine! i got a suit from tk maxx for £40 and it was lovely! I think the main thing is to look tidy, well presented, not too much make up and to SMILE! xx

7. Freckles

Freckles Guest

thanks! i dont wear make up or heels. so its nice to wear flats.

are shoes in disney flat?

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

No, you must wear high heels for all roles, lmao. Yea, i think they are all flat shoes, not sure though.

I smile all the time, i dont think there would be a problem there.

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

That's good - can't afford a suit yet tho (but I am going to Preston tomorrow..... Primark!)
    I think I'll have to see what my feet are up to when the interview rolls around - if my ankles/knees are bad it will have to be heels, but if I have blisters flats...... it's so hard being a girl! Guys would just look stupid in heels! ;)
    I don't wear makeup either, sometimes mascara but I forget it's there and rub it all over my face!
    Would help to know a date tho - if it's cold winter I'll need to be able to layer up!
    Do you reckon colour matters?
    xx

10. Colour doesn't matter at all. People just wore smart clothing really.

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

how many copies of your cv did you take?

how i am not going to take a backpack i dont know!

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

How much stuff do we need to take? Do we need to take our CV?

I will be wearing a navy suit with a bright pink shirt, it looks so smart, i love it. i cant wait to find out when the interview is.

13. You should get a list but I just took everything just in case.

14. nicki1404

nicki1404 New Member

obv just black/grey suit... i wore a pink shirt too! it helps u stand out!!
    CV- i took 4 copies but they only need one, i thought in case i loose one or it gets battered... you need to take your passport and photocopies of that and your Birth certificate- or at least we did- u should get all this on the email when u get a date!
    Honestly guys dont be nervous, its so laid back- i was really shocked! All you have to do is be confident, smile and make them know you really want it, they will ask you WHY! xx

15. vik

vik New Member

actually i think i didn't get asked why i wanted to do it at my interview last year - which was SO annoying cos i'd rehearsed the perfect answer lol! once they have arranged a date for the int. they will tell you exactly what you need to take but like the others say its a few copies of your cv, copies of passport type documents, some forms they will send to you and get your uni to sign just tp confirm that your uni is a uni & that you're a student there, a few black pens cos disney only ever use black ink, and a big cheesy smile!
    i wore heels last year and i think it was the worst thing i've ever done cos after the presentation you have to wait around for your interview and so they basically kick you out and you have to wander around hammersmith for a few hours or so (if you're in london that is) and my feet were freakin KILLING me! Make up is not a problem, just nothing too gothic really,and its best to not wear any of your piercings!
    also disney don't supply you with shoes whn you're out there, you have to buy your own and ppl dont tend to wear heels, most of us just wore black trainers, which they are perfectly happy with!
    if you get accepted, they will send you this wonderful thing called the disney look book and i shall say no more about it hehe! (ppl who have been before know what i'm talking about!)

16. Freckles

Freckles Guest

That is good to know. I am hoping to have my family come up, and they can wonder round and i can meet them in between/afterwards.

i'm guessing the shoes style will depend on where you work?

17. vik

vik New Member

yeah most places require black shoes but random things might ask for white trainers or if you work in frontierland you will wear like hiking boots but they give you extra time to get them cos they're not as widely available.

18. Freckles

Freckles Guest

hehe i have boots :)

all this talk is making me want to know when the interview is.

19. They don't like you to have any brands on them either unless they are black. And they don't like velcro or pull on trainers the have to be lace ups. Oh and be ready for smelly shoes, mine stunk as they worn for such long periods of time.

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

So do we buy these out there, or can we bring our own?
    Can we not wash them?