Start dates for summer 2010

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by nikiolola, Oct 22, 2009.

1. nikiolola

nikiolola New Member

Does anybody know what the two dates are yet? I can't find them on the website but it would be really useful because I need to know if it would clash with uni exams.
    Thanks
    Nicola

2. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

doesn't it depend on the country you are from....?
    I think they time it to avoid your uni. That's how it work in NZ and in the UK, so I assume it's pretty universal. However, I have no idea where you're from, but maybe try emailing your country rep if no-one else knows? They're really helpful! :)

3. Sofi

Sofi Guest

i read on one of the topics theres like 3 or 4, ones june the 1st and ones june 20th but the rest are all before the 1st x

4. Tom °O°

Tom °O° New Member

I took this frorm Si-Keo's blog:

"May 2nd - ??July (didnt catch that one)
    May 25th - 6th August
    June 1st - 20th August
    June 20th - September 3rd"

These are the dates for applicants from the UK, Ireland, Holland, Switserland, Russia and Canada. I don't know the end date of the first one either!

5. nikiolola

nikiolola New Member

Thanks guys! Thats a lot of help :)

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

I think it was something like the 17th/18th July if that helps :)

7. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

It July 17 in NZ...

8. SteffieDavis

SteffieDavis New Member

In past years they havent announced the start dates until they start accepting people. Also I don't think it depends on which country you are from (unless your school year interferes with the start date... for example most brits have a later start date). In 2008, the day i arrived there were like 300 people from tons of different places all starting that day. They do try to time the start dates so that there is an option that works for everyone. I'm from canada and my year i left on may 25th and came home august 8th. During my phone interview this year kirsten from yummy jobs mentioned that they were planning a really early start date around the beginning of may and going to the beginning of august, but she said nothing would be set in stone for a few months...