So who has applied/ is going to apply?

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by MakingItObvious, Sep 12, 2011.

1. MakingItObvious

MakingItObvious New Member

Hey,

Im sending my application off tomorrow so I just thought I would see how many people on here have actually applied yet.

2. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

i'm sending mine off definitely by the end of the week, is there an official deadline? i saw someone said the 20th September but yummy jobs don't seem to have given one. it would be interesting to know how many have already applied, i know last year i called yummy jobs and they said there were almost three and a half thousand applicants overall. which is quite scary considering only a few hundred actually get on :eek:

3. MakingItObvious

I read that too although Canadian applicants seem to get until the 31st of December which I find odd.
    Unless like you said there were that many applicants from the UK that they have given people a limited time to apply.

4. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

I've applied :D I e-mailed YJ back in August about application deadlines and this is what I got back:
    Greetings Victoria,

Many thanks for your email. With the Disney Summer Program, we currently do not have a deadline, however I would recommend to apply by September 20th to ensure you are included in the application process. It may be worth even creating your profile and uploading your CV now, and then when September 1st comes have a family member or friend log onto your profile and click apply for the Disney Summer Program.

Have a Great day!

Kristen Thornton

Yummy Jobs

So it looks like we wont have long to apply :-\ good luck to everyone who is applying!!

5. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

hmm, yeah, looks we've only got about a week- thanks for sharing :D and good luck!

6. MakingItObvious

Wow, I better get mine off tomorrow.

I guess its better this way, hopefully there wont be as many applicants as other years

7. sandnsun

sandnsun New Member

3500 applicants? omg!! ??? wow. i applied towards the end of august and im from Canada. i didnt put a cover letter and didnt write a huge paragraph in the motivation slot. i wrote like point form-ish thinking that short and sweet and clear was the way to go. i hope thats ok! now im not so sure anymore and i hope they wont think im not interested :( eeek :-\
    oh well, we'll see. i wish we could fastforward to summer 2012!!! :D

8. MakingItObvious

Well did you attach a CV? If you did then the information in there should make up it :)

Yeah hopefully see everyone out there :D

9. banable

banable New Member

Tbh love, everyones application is going to be different and thats the way they want it. I dont think they want people to be 'Disney is amazing, omg hire me because I love Disney!!'

I applied last week and they said 6-8 weeks for them to respond. Its strange that theyve cut the deadline so short this year. Maybe its to define those who've been looking to hit the 'Apply' button all year against those who come across the program and take 5mins to do there application. I spent days on mine. Although, less applicants = more of a chance for us!! And 3,500 applicants?? :eek: Im actually horrified!!

10. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

yeah, i was too. it's a shame more people who really want a place can't get one, everyone who wants a place as much as us should be able to do it, but oh well, that's life i guess :p

11. Onaylilla

Onaylilla New Member

I applied Sept 9. I see everyone is from Canada/England hehehe. Doing all paperwork, today I had to do soooo many things I'm so stressed out!

12. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

tell me about it- my cv and covering letter took sooooo long to do, it's still not completely done =D

13. suomyno

suomyno New Member

I applied a few days ago... fingers crossed. Made it to the phone interview last year, but my nerves got the best of me. Good luck to everyone!

14. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

It's so weird to be back on these forums... but I applied a week or so ago!
    Wahooo!

15. I applied last year but my application got mssed up so i ended up doing another summer program in south dakota which i really enjoyed. Hopefully im more successful with disney this time. I applied on the 5th and had to re upload my cv but everything is fine now :D i havent put anything in the motivation section, i just put see cv as ive written pretty much everything in my cover letter, do you guys think that will be ok?

16. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Well I haven't done a covering letter, I've just got a really long motivational section so fingers crossed. :-X

17. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Same here! My motivation section *is* my cover letter :D

18. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Applied :) yay