So ICP alumni, any tips for the second time around...

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by LauraJayne, Oct 21, 2011.

1. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

So I did the program over the summer and I know how it all works but I've heard it's pretty tough to make the program a second time but I want to go back so bad (like most other people I'm sure) :) but any tips guys??? Muchly appreciated :D

2. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Just make sure you talk about what you would like to do this time that you didn't do last time, i.e. why you think wdw would benefit from having you back! Maybe talk about volunteering opportunities or using the skills you developed this year and developing them even further.

Also, I know a few people who have done three summer progams in a row, so it can be done!

3. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Thanks, yeah makes sense, was going to go for the make contacts approach I think in a different role and be super happy, hopefully it'll work. When you say 'you know people' are you including yourself in this lol, looking at the end of your posts :p you applying this time round?

4. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

This is my third time applying - I did two programs and then in 09 just went for a holiday! But I do know people who have actually completed three!

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I know people who've completed three too. This is my third time applying too...

Basically what Dug said, show them why they would benefit from having you back, what else you could get out of going again. Don't concentrate on the social side either, I was talking to Yummy and they said it's a common thing alumni say, they loved the social aspect there but don't seem to mention why they want to WORK again!!
    I hope I made that clear in my phone interview (they didn't do prescreen at RGU this time. Weird - but I'm more comfortable with a phone interview as it's what I had before lol), but I was asked why I should go back over someone who hasn't been before, and I don't think I gave a very good answer to that.
    Guess it's just the waiting game now :S
    xx

6. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Thanks, I'll give that question a bit of thought before my interview :) good luck I hope you did well, I'm sure you did :) Did they ask you the other standard q's then or were they all different because you've had the program before?

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Some they asked, some they didn't - my course and uni were asked. But everything else pretty much was different (or an adapted version of the usual qs). But for my second program I was asked identical questions, I guess it just depends on who you have!

I'm sure you'll be fine though!!!
    Good luck!!!!
    xx

8. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Because it was a group interview none of my questions were directed specifically at me so I didn't get asked anything particularly new. It went ok but not sure if that will be enough to get anywhere with my application, competition looks really high this year! eek, only gotta wait till monday to find out though x

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I know the feeling - I think competition is really high :S
    Monday needs to hurry up. But at the same time, if it's a no, it can take as long as it likes ;)
    xx

10. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Lol yeah if it's a no I don't know what I'll do, it's kinda harsh after pre-screen, it does seem really tough this year! Yeah only one more sleep till a yay or nay for more stress lol good luck :) x