So I finally applied.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by omgmeve, Nov 15, 2009.

1. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

I had been considering this for YEARS, literally. I stumbled upon this message board and read threads all day and I finally decided to apply through Yummy Jobs for the summer program.

Is it easier to get into the summer program than the cultural representative one? And once I've done any program once, it's easier to get in for another one, right?

2. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yay for you! If you get the chance to go it will be the most amazing experience :D

Some would say that yes it's easier to get onto the ICP (summer) program than the CRP (1 year) program as they take on much less employees for the CRP... however I don't know if I'd agree it's easier to go again once you have been once... it depends on how good you are etc. You get references from the managers you work for and they look at these references when you apply again... having said that, quite a few people have been two or even three times but it really depends year-to-year ;D

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It is getting harder for alumni to return, a lot of the alumni this year did not get past the phone interview stage, me being one of them. It is at the face to face they then go on to get your references from the managers!

4. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yeah I am totally not expecting to be offered a job just because I have been before... I feel as nervous about it now as I did 2 years ago :-\

5. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

I got an email saying they would contact me in the next few weeks to schedule an interview! So excited! I wasn't expecting this!

6. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hey i blogged my whole application process if u feel like reading it, its just a start =] the links in my siggy, i haven't got thru yet but like u could get an idea of the questions and stuff =] x

7. omgmeve

omgmeve New Member

Thanks, I checked it out! The Mickey question is quite tough, I'm not sure what the best answer would be for that...

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

For the Mickey question, you would give an answer depending on where you are, you could say he has went to get rest, he is not feeling well, he has went to be apart of the parade, going to watch wishes, is away on his date with Minnie! something magical, hehe. "Go above and beyond"

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

nah cos it was more like what could u do about it? i suggested options like offering other characters to see and giving them a time sheet for mickeys availability tomorow

but i didn't say it like that lol but u can get the gist of it i spose :)

10. leomgray

leomgray New Member

haha, yes, but you assure the child Mickey has not left them. Its all part of the magic and atmosphere, thats what you have to do anyway, so many people came to the UK pavillion expecting Mary Poppins and Alice to be there all day, despite reading what the guide says, haha. Its also really cool to see the characters in training. I know i have went off subject but they are cool!

11. StevenC

StevenC New Member

I dont think I was asked any disney related question at all throughout the interview process.

i've had both my phone and f2f interview and it was just treated as a standard job for anywhere.

id been reading on these forums that ppl had been brushing up on their disney knowledge and that we'd need to know know stuff about disney... but i wasnt asked anything haha

x

12. Sofi

Sofi Guest

lol do u think kids actually believe these characters are the real thing tho? cos im pretty sure mickeys supposed to be tiny, or at least thats what i always thought lol x

13. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

haha...yep, they do! You can tell how much they believe when you see their faces light up when they get to meet them or see them in the parade ;D They haven't got a clue, and probably don't care, how big or small they should be!

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

They are the real thing! ;D
    Not just the kids but the adults believe it too!

15. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

They are the real characters!

16. catfish278

catfish278 Member

What... you mean to say there are PEOPLE inside a COSTUME!?!!? Ahhh my life is ruined :( hehe :p

17. Sofi

Sofi Guest

I think those lucky people in the costumes are us lot =P lol x

18. leomgray

leomgray New Member

dont ruin the magic Sofi!

19. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I honestly never think of the characters as people, they're real life Disney characters! I love meeting them :D I believe in the magic!

20. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh yea, i loved it so much, loved meeting the mad hatter!