seven deadly sins test...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

Seven Deadly Sins
    natalia, you're deadly sin is Greed!

Money, money, money! You're guilty of GREED. Do you always find yourself feeling unsatisfied and wanting more?

Would you elbow someone out of your way at the annual Harrods sale just to get what you want? We thought so. When it comes to money and other worldly possessions, too much is never enough for you. It's fine to want things, but you might want to think back to those nursery lessons on sharing and try to understand what motivates your constant need to have more. Remember: The things you acquire may have value, but most of them won't endure. After all, you can't take it with you...

Why is greed so bad? Well, according to early religious scholars, greed is an offence against generosity. When we're preoccupied with getting more than our fair share, we show an inordinate concern for ourselves - at the expense of others. It's important to temper the desire to have "more" with a willingness to let others share the wealth. But it could be worse: Mediaeval Italian poet Dante Alighieri wrote that greed is the fifth deadliest of the seven sins, edging out lust and gluttony.

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

You can't get no satisfaction - because you're guilty of Envy. You seem to always want what you can't have.

But remember: "Love thy neighbour" doesn't mean "long for thy neighbour's stuff". Why do you care so much about the Joneses, and why do you think you must keep up with them? Life is too short to be jealous of others; you have plenty of your own to offer. Enjoy the blessings you do have, most especially friends and family, and try to keep a positive outlook on life.

Why is envy so bad? Well, according to early religious scholars, envy destroys love. When we resent the good things that happen to others (and all their fab toys...), we're obviously not wishing them well or thinking happy thoughts about them. Try to temper jealousy of other's successes with unselfish happiness for their good fortune. Especially since medieval Italian poet Dante Alighieri thought envy, along with pride, was one of the deadliest of the seven sins. (Of course, Dante was a best-selling writer in his day. What did he have to be envious of?)

4. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol @ that

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

nooooooooooooooo no no.....i hate therse tests...lol...why do i put myself thru this lol!!!!1

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol sara!!!!!!! :) :D ;D ;D ;D

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

i never knew i was an envious person.... silly tests, they full of crap!

xxx

8. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Zzzzz... Wake up! You're guilty of Sloth. Based on what your answers tell us, we're surprised you even managed to finish this quiz. Perhaps you only took it as a way to get out of other, more pressing tasks? We thought so. In fact, it seems as though your life centres on avoiding work. Do your weekends consist of short excursions from your warm, cosy bed? Do you think the Radio Times qualifies as great literature? Remember, the remote control may very well be one of mankind's greatest achievements, but someone did have to do a bit of work to invent it. Why don't you try your luck and put a bit of effort into something, too? You might be surprised at what you can accomplish when you commit to something besides napping.

Why is sloth so bad? According to early religious scholars, sloth destroys zeal. When we cut ourselves off from life's vitality, we'll eventually fall victim to complacency. We should fight the deadening of our spiritual senses by responding to the zeal and energy of our inner nature. It could be worse: Mediaeval Italian poet Dante Alighieri thought sloth was only the fourth deadliest of the seven sins, behind pride, envy, and wrath. (Of course, that ranking was based on Dante's own love of sleeping...)

this is so not me but oh well!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i got up at 7 this morning!!!! cheeky

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

;) ;) ;)lol george!! ;) ;D :p ::) ;)

10. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

im a sloth as well!

11. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Yay!!!!!!! Us sloths together!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i'm a sloth too :D

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

my gosh..there are far too many sloths!!!!!!! lol ;)

14. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

get over it you pansy!! you are too greedy for your own good! lol

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

15. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

lol.shut it george!!!!!!! stop being mean to me... :p ;)

16. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

I'm not being mean!! lol!!!!!!!!!

you took the test and got greed not me! ;) ;) ;) :D :D

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( yup i suppose! :'( :'( :'( :'( ;)

18. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

you are such a silly billy!!!!!!!!! lol

19. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( i know!1 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ;)

20. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

well if you are a billy you are a goat, so where does the sheep thing come from or are you confused ???

lol ;) ;) ;) ;)