Seasonal worker/Canadian/work visa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eric, May 24, 2006.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I cannot commit one year to Disney, therefore I cannot approach employment through the International Programs. I can commit six months, and I am trying to pursue seasonal employment. My attempts at obtaining a work visa have taken me along a very twisted path, which I have not resolved. ... customs, US Consulate, Homeland Security, along with every branch of Canadian government I can think of. I cannot get a consistant answer as to what documentation I need (and how/where I get it). It seems to boil down to the whim of the Customs officer on duty the day I cross the border.

... a JI form applies to the International programs, again, not an option.

... a B1 form applies to "work", not an "interview". I am crossing the border to attend an interview (and hopefully a job), but technically not "work".

And that in a nutshell, is my problem!

Suggestions???

2. Ona

Ona Member

Your situation sounds perfect for the new WDW seasonal summer work program (on an H-2B visa for 6 months). Contact Cast-away for details. You may well be too late for this summer but they will be able to fill you in on any opportunities which may arise.

Ona x

3. brynna87

brynna87 New Member

Hey what is the H-2B program? I've never heard of it.

4. Mara Mouse

Mara Mouse New Member

H2B is the program they offer to Alumni of the Q1 (1 year Cultural Rep) Program. It's a 5-6 month Visa that allows you to work QS F&B in any of the parks (your choice).

A bunch of us on the waitinglist for the Q1 got offered H2B spots because there were not enough alumni interested. We lucked out ... and we're still on the waitinglist for the full year too!