Roles.

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by shaunamufc7, Nov 2, 2011.

1. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Hiya guys, Congrats to everyone who has got a F2F interview. Which roles have you all ticked on the form for the face to face interview? :D

2. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

everything except custodial, lifeguard and recreation, but may sway on the custodial, depending on how desperate i'm feeling on the day lol. no to lifeguard because I'm pale, very pale. pale + constant sun = lobster, not a good look lol same for recreation. Hoping for attractions really but anything should be pretty good :D

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Everything except lifeguard (not a confident enough swimmer), character performer (claustrophobic!), character attendant and custodial (I have random allergies to chemicals so I don't want to risk it!). I want attractions ideally... If not merch (I'd love the grand floridian ;)) but to be fair I'd take anything, I just really want attractions again (but not mission space... I loved it but it wouldn't be the same. Everyone I knew has left pretty much!)
    Xx

4. Linsey90

Linsey90 New Member

i thought we would have had to say in which order we would like to do the roles if you know what i mean? rather than just saying all the things we would be willing to do. i know any role over there would be amaaaazing! but im sure we've all got a favourite role that we would really like x

5. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

I think I'm going to put numbers by my top 4 choices :) and just ticks by the rest.

6. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I've ticked and numbered them lol... But I think I might take a copy with just ticks, and one with just numbers just to be safe :p
    Xx

7. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

See I was wondering that. I hope we get asked what our choices are in order, mine are:
    1. Operations (Attractions)
    2. Merchandise
    3. Operations (Main Entrance Operations)
    4. Character Attendant
    5. Full Service
    6. Quick Service
    and maybe even costuming.

I definitely wouldn't do lifeguarding as I'm like you LauraJayne. I burn really bad and really quickly even with factor 50 on haha. The same with recreation, custodial and character performer your going to be outside constantly. I wouldn't do housekeeping either I hate extensive cleaning. I'm not to sure on bell services yet because I want to work in a park.

For those who have done the program before, did you do this last time or did you put them in order? :D

8. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Yeah last year we got to number them with preference which is what I found odd this time, I might so as you have done Katie, print two and number one of them, either way I've done it right :) last year I got my first preference but I have no idea how they actually deal roles out, but then I did get moved on arrival from attractions to main entrance ops, was not impressed, but it was still an awesome role, try explaining that one to recruiters, not easy lol I figure as it's my second program that i'd be more willing to go for anything really, I would love to actually be in a park this time, not that downtown disney wasn't great, but it's just not the same and a park would be my ultimate goal if I somehow managed to impress disney next week! eek interviews are soo soon!

9. vanderlyle

vanderlyle New Member

Not to shatter your world here or anything, but Character attendant is also outside, and merch and food can both be outside, and also not in the parks necessarily, you could be in DTD or one of the resorts :) Character performer would involve less sun exposure than character attendant would :p

Good luck though, I am so jealous you guys have Character attendant as an option, we do not :(

10. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

where are you applying from vanderlyle? I thought everyone could do character attendant :/

11. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Haha, Yes I know some of them outside. With merchandise and food you get rotated dont you so your not always outside which I dont mind. With the character attendant your sometimes inside or at least in shade, well that what my sister tells me anyway.

I am going to do exactly the same as you guys then put on with numbers and one with ticks. Im really nervous for the interviews! Good luck everyone.

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Well with QS if you get outdoor foods you'll always be outside! Some rotate you, some don't... Depends on where you are. And some attractions your outside anyway - like the speedway for example...
    Xx

13. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Really, so basically quite a lot of them are outside. Oh well, looks like im going have to deal with it!

14. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

you just kinda get used to it :) but wear sunscreen, lots and lots of it :D

15. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Yeah i guess so, they wont expected us to be use to the heat straight away will they. I will be definitely wearing lots and lots of suncream, if i dont ill be burnt to a crisp :)

16. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

It's ok as lots of the costumes include a nice big hat in various degrees of attractiveness! So you can keep the sun off you :D

17. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Oh thats okay then, are you allowed to wear sunglasses while on shift?

18. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Whilst outside yes, as long as they are disney look compatible :)
    Xx

19. shaunamufc7

shaunamufc7 Member

Oh that's good, they are my prescription sunglasses ;D

20. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

I remember my daily routine was get to work, pick up a costume, then put the sun cream on! The one day I forgot to take suncream to work was unfortunate!