Roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by vickiw001, Jul 21, 2011.

1. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Hey guys! Just wondering what sort of roles people are interested in doing on the icp? I would love to apply for either merchandise or character attendant :D I was considering a role as a character but I would prefer it if you were able to be a face character as well as fur character, apparently thats not possible :( But let me know if you know different! Anyone else considering these roles? I know its early to be thinking about this but I'm just so excited to apply!! :p

2. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

Hey! I'm most interested in Attractions, just because I've always liked that part of the parks and I think it would be really cool. I'm also considering Merchandise and Food and Beverage, I'm not sure which kind yet though. Yeah, it's a bit early still since we don't even know if we'll get that far, but it's still really exciting! :)

3. citylightsTAM

citylightsTAM New Member

I want merchandise and/or food & beverage.

4. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

hey! i'd really like attractions, maybe operations or merchandise, but it doesn't really matter so long as we're there right :D

5. vickiw001

vickiw001 Member

Definitely! I think each role has some great opportunities :D It makes it difficult to decide, at least we don't have to decide that just yet! :p

6. Carissa_93

Carissa_93 New Member

I completely agree. All I really care about is whether or not I get in, I'll be happy with any position they give me (and if they give me attractions, I'll be happy even with an attraction that I don't like).

7. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I wanna be Alice! Except i can't cos i'm not American... :( lol

I wanna do character performer, attractions, character attendant...in that order :p But i'll also settle for Merchandise or maybeeee Custodial..

For those dismissing character performer....look on the bright side, you only work 20 mins per hour ;) Plus u get paid more..only by a few cents but every little helps! haha :p

8. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

I just finished a custodial ICP and I would do it again in a heart beat. It gets really gross sometimes but most of the time you just chill out with geusts and you can walk wherever (if you're smart not to get caught) and geusts will never know!!!
    I would like to do character attendant, custodial, attractions, performer, F + B, housekeeping in that order. I really like working with the geusts and characters but I also know that attendant and performer are harder to get (or were this year) for ICPS. For Canadians we only had 1 of each and I don't really know who the performer ended up being/ if there ened up being one but there was suppose to be.
    Also just because you think a job may be horrible you may end up loving it and if you really hate it talk to your managers or something after a couple weeks they may be able to move you somewhere. I know someone in housekeeping who hated it and then ended up moving resorts and LOVED it. That being said I know people who had "awesome" jobs such as space mountain and hated it.

9. Gemma94

Gemma94 New Member

Alice has an english accent so I don't see why you couldnt do it :D Or do they only hire americans for face characters? If that's the case, that's kind of silly :(

10. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yeah only Americans for face characters... not even the American college programmers get to do face (as far as I know?)...

I got given main entrance operations for my ICP last year and when I arrived I discovered they'd moved me into Attractions without even telling me... as it happened it all worked out amazingly but only because of the team I worked with! And that's the thing - so long as you work with good people then any job at Disney is fun! What you percieve as a "cool" place to work might turn out to be boring and vice versa so it's always good to go along with what you get given and give it a chance :)

11. Piglet

Piglet New Member

Someone i worked with was on the American CP and she transferred from our restaurant to be Alice, its such a pain cos I wanted to be her too but don't get a chance lol

12. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

on the subject of roles, i was speaking to a cast member in EPCOT last week who said that if you choose "operations" you basically just work on the entrance turnstiles all day. I was wondering if anyone who has previously done operations did anything other than entrance turnstiles? also good luck if you've applied!!! :D

13. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

If you do main entrance operations at the Magic Kingdom, you also get to work on Main Street, doing audience control for the parades and fireworks.

14. MakingItObvious

MakingItObvious New Member

It seems to me that the most popular roles are Attractions and Merchandise so I think there will be a lot of competition in those areas.

Although if I got put on outdoor food and had to sell Turkey Legs all day I would have to leave!

15. Piglet

Piglet New Member

I DID THAT! aha. worst job ever i absolutely hated it, won't be choosing food & beverage this time! Think i might go with character performer this time..

& can we choose to do operations on the English ICP?

16. gingerbuzz

gingerbuzz New Member

Is it true that not everyone is offered the same roles?

I have seen a number of lists of people in same years from the same country having different options?

17. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Yes you can choose operations on the British ICP.

It varies year on year the roles that you're offered... but last year it seemed like only 2 people got character attendant for example whereas a year before that more people did... it depends on business and stuff.

18. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Does anyone have a list or can write down the role options we can choose from for the summer program?

19. andrew93

andrew93 New Member

I got this list from a really awesome spreadsheet someone created for last year's program, a few topic pages back: Attractions, Character Attendant, Character Performer, Costuming, Custodial, Full Service Food & Bev, Hotel Front Desk/Bell Services, Housekeeping, Lifeguard, Merchandise, Operations, Quick Service Food & Bev, Recreation =D

20. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

Thank you v much! ::)