Role Hopper

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Pip84, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Pip84

Pip84 New Member

Hi All!
    Just wanting to know your advice/experiences/any info at all on being a Role Hopper. I put it down as my forth or so preference, and didn't really expect to be offered it!
    What are the good/bad points? I am pretty excited, and really just keen on being prepared for anything ;D
    Also, as a typically Aussie girl, I enjoy a good bevvie... With Pleasure Island shutting down, are there many places for the over 21 to go out?
    So excited!

2. ShanaBanana

ShanaBanana New Member

I actually don't know much about the role hopper, so alas I can't comment on that unfortunately!

However, for a fun after-hours place, definitely check out Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. It's a dueling piano bar that is an insane amount of fun - people sing along to the music, dance around, even get up on the pianos and do "I'm a little tea pot"... :D As I recall, I *think* either Tuesday or Thursday nights are Cast Member nights, which means either a discounted cover charge, or zero cover charge. Either way, that's the night you're sure to find some fellow cast members in there having a good time!

Plus across the way from Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk is the Atlantic Dance Hall. I haven't been there myself, but I know it's a dance club and supposed to be lots of fun!

3. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Couldn't agree more about Jellyrolls, had some of the best nights our there. Also try Chillers downtown which also saw some amazing nights out and of course who could forget Bennigans! Have been home a while now though, things may have changed but those three places hold some of the best memories for me, I want to go to Jellyrolls now!!!!

4. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

LOVE Jellyrolls!! My favourite place in the whole Disney resort! Couldn't recommend it more!

Also, alehouse on tuesday is ladies night so free drinks for girls most of the night, so you'll find a lot of castmembers in there!

5. Pip84

Pip84 New Member

Thanks for that guys! Very helpful! I can't wait to get over there!!
    ;D

6. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

I actually applid for this role too - I was told that you change jobs like 3-4 times a week.
    I'm guessing that'll mean you need extra training as you'll need to be good at a bunch of jobs.
    Also - I think the hopper option is only avaliable to a few countries - lke Aussie and NZ, hence not many people know about it :p