RGU interviews 7th November!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by katiej22, Nov 1, 2011.

1. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hi guys, just to see who will be at RGU on Monday (so soon!)

I am, and two of my friends are, and I'm more than happy to help with directions and whatnot or meet in town to get there?
    So nervous!
    Xx

2. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

Ahh we both got through for the third time!!

3. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

P.s. I'm not at RGU interviews but thought I would post anyway! Are you friends with Cat on facebook? I need to find you!

4. lovebuzz_90

lovebuzz_90 New Member

I'm going to the RGU interviews...so excited!
    I'm from Glasgow though so will need to stay over etc the night before. Anyone know if there will be any parking available at the uni on the day?!

5. Linsey90

Linsey90 New Member

ive got my interview at RGU aswell! EEEEEEEEEE! couldnt believe it when i found out, how exciting!

6. rachel293

rachel293 New Member

I'm at the Aberdeen interviews!! Think I will get the train up early morning, anyone know how to get to the campus from the station? xx

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Yes I am Rob - Katie James! Eeeee this is exciting!!! :D

Parking at RGU is limited cos you need a permit, but you can park in the ASDA and walk up... Sainsbury's check the car park so ASDA is a better bet!
    It's really easy to get to campus - you walk to Union St and then get the 1, or 9. If people want I can meet them at the station before and we can go up together? I have no idea how much bus fare is though... I have a bus pass :p I was thinking of maybe meeting at around 8-830....
    And the business school is easy to find. I'm assuming reception will know where to send us (the location seems a bit odd!) but it's next to the Sport building which has big signs :)

With staying over.... there's a travelodge in town, as well as a premier inn (which is really close to where I live). I would offer to let people stay but I'm in halls so that isn't really an option!
    xx

8. SarahJane19x

SarahJane19x New Member

Getting to the Uni isn't hard at all...Although if you've never been to Aberdeen you might need help as there are 2 Campuses, 1 in town and 1 in a LOVELY place called Garthdee!! Theres plenty of buses to get you there but i'd advise getting a taxi - It will cost about £10 (Aberdeen is expensive!!)

With regards to parking, i THINK it should be ok as it is "Consolidation Week" next week and hardly any students will be in - you should be able to park as you are a visitor..

I live 1.5 whole miles from the UNI so i'm going to have a real hard time getting here hehe.. I'm so excited :D

Katie are you based at Garthdee? I think they got the room location confused.. H405 is in the Health Building.. not the Business School?!

9. rachel293

rachel293 New Member

If you wouldn't mind meeting at the station that would be perfect!! I've never been in Aberdeen so no idea where I'm going. Be good to meet some people before as well in case we have to hang about for some of the day waiting on individual interviews etc :) xx

10. Linsey90

Linsey90 New Member

very important question..... what is everyone wearing?!

11. SarahJane19x

SarahJane19x New Member

I'd be happy to meet you before if you want.. add me on FB and we can discuss there :) - https://www.facebook.com/sarahjane.falconer

Oh and I've got a suit as i work in an office.. so that :)

xx

12. rachel293

rachel293 New Member

Added :) xx

13. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Yep I am based at garthdee and I'm sure that is in the health building... Last time I was in the health building!!!

Yep I'm happy to meet at the station too, just lemme know times (buses are unreliable!). Not everyone has consolidation week though (nurses don't) so I wouldn't rely on parking...
    Xx

14. lovebuzz_90

lovebuzz_90 New Member

any chance i can get in on this meeting up action? my sens of direction is shocking and i'm scared ill get lost and be late!!!!!!

15. rachel293

rachel293 New Member

I think I just sent you guys a personal message with my fb and stuff, not sure it worked though so thought I'd post here too just incase! xx

16. SarahJane19x

SarahJane19x New Member

It is i checked today.. confused! Oh i didn't know that.. i'll probably take my car up to Garthdee like i normally do.. usually quite easy to park there xx

17. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Everyone can get in on the meeting up action :)
    We shall figure this out (when I'm on my laptop and not my blackberry!!!)
    Xx

18. Linsey90

Linsey90 New Member

im trying to fill out my online application form but it wont let me go any further than previous employer? ive read someone people saying that you need to fill all your different employers out but i can only see employer 1? can anyone help please!

19. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Oh I think I added you Rachel :)
    Sarah what do you study? I'm tourism management :) Plus I am jealous you have a parking permit. My Hercule has to stay at halls and I get the bus... :'(

Cannot believe this is so soon! I'm gonna be wearing trousers and a shirt, my suit jacket is at home. In York. Fail!!!!

If anyone wants my mobile number for meeting up, PM me and I'll send it to you! Also, if you want to add me on Facebook I shall PM you a link....
    xx

20. Linsey90

Linsey90 New Member

im feeling so stressed just now :( feel like ive got so much to do in so little time! trying to fill out the forms which are confusing me, get somewhere to wear, the online application wont work... and i have so much uni work to do on top of everything else! BUT it will all be worth it in the end i hope!! lins x