Resume help!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by DisneySpike, Jun 11, 2010.

1. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

Does anyone know what they look for in a resume?
    I don't have a lot of experience in food and bev. or working rides or anything.
    But I've done a lot of volunteer work and a couple jobs involving customer service.
    Also a lot of thins with kids.
    If anyone has any suggestions on what they like to see best that I could make stand out i my resume a bit more that'd be great!

2. Dani.ve

Dani.ve New Member

this is my first year applying for the ICP - but just based on personal experience it doesn't matter so much if you've worked food&bev or worked in retail for say merchandise..it's about your skills/potential. since you already have a lot of experience with kids and people, i would definitely sell that, since disney really makes the point that you'll be around people from all ages and different backgrounds - they want to know that you can be respectful and coopertive in diverse social settings (so you've already got that down!). apart from that, maybe show your enthusiasm for working with kids? i think they really just want to look for capable, approachable, enthusiastic people! and if you've got any unique experiences - took an interesting course, speak a different language, traveled somewhere exciting, etc - add that in...anything to set yourself apart!

hope that helps!

3. Mikey

Mikey New Member

Do we put references with our CV or say they're 'available on request etc' ? :O

4. leeds disney fan

leeds disney fan New Member

its up to you I personally put available on request but I don't think it matters either way

5. fleur_charms

fleur_charms New Member

They don't ask for references.

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah,they wont actually check up on any references but its always best to just put "available on request" simply as it looks more professional and ties up the end of the resume.

7. AbbyPie

AbbyPie New Member

Does anyone know if life guarding experience is necessary if applying for the role? I have done a few courses before, but never actually worked as one.

I have worked in a family-orientated restaurant for a while though, and wouldn't mind working in full service food and beverage, but I would really like to try working as a life guard :)

Abby (NZ)

8. Dani.ve

Dani.ve New Member

from what i've read about the program i know that they do swimming tests for life guarding, as well you need to know first aid - but you can easily take a course for that in the next few months.
    apart from that, i don't know if you are required to have any further experience...in any event, they don't specify that on the disney icp website. maybe worth asking during the interview?

hope that helps
    gd luck!

9. AbbyPie

AbbyPie New Member

Thanks. I might do a first aid course before then, and otherwise just write down everything I have done on my resume and hope some of it's relevant :p and ask in the interview!

10. DisneySpike

DisneySpike New Member

I think as long as you have your lifeguarding certification and first aid + cpr C... you'll be fine. they train you further as well as test your abilities.

11. helium7suz

helium7suz New Member

You don't need to have done first aid