Real Time Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tazzy, Mar 29, 2005.

?

Is Real Time Chat a Good Idea?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

I've heard several people here that like the idea of real time chat for wdwip.com like IRC or something like that. I was just wondering how many people think that's a good idea? This might be another way of chatting if someone doesn't want to give out their MSN or Yahoo or AOL IDs.

What ya think?

Gary

2. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I think that would work out well.

3. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

wow that wuold be AMAZING!!

4. Chloe

Chloe New Member

;D Definately

5. CrEsT

CrEsT New Member

yeah would be cool

6. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

not to sound cocky or not that i want all of you on my msn list..but it tends to get a bit overflowed..and i always feel bad deleating people!

7. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Alright I setup a little Java chat client, I have not tested if it works yet because its 1 a.m. and I think all my friends are dead (or maybe sleeping) but if you could, please leave feedback on if it works. Keep in mind you may join the room and be all by your self just because no one else has joined the room at that moment. I just added the chat room onto my web site so the website url is a little odd.

http://jimbobdaga.com/chat/

Click the link above to Start. When my web page opens up click the link that says "WDWIP Chat Live" and if you computer prompts you with a question hit "yes" or "always". When you get to the screen for you user name you can just enter the name you use in the forums (this is what we will see while you chat) and as a Real Name you can just leave that the same. Next hit Connect Now! and your done, Chat away.

If you computer does not connect because you don't have Java I have provided you with a link to download it of the web on my web site.

Enjoy!

-Jim

8. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Ok its all set up, I tested it with a friend. I have some more little tweeks to do and i will be all done. so please join and enjoy.

9. SaraC

SaraC New Member

thats a cool idea!

lizzie hun im the same, ive got my 130 taken up on msn, but iv deleted like 15 ppl recently 2 make way 4 new additions lol

xxx

10. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

was I oen of those new addtions!?!!! hahahah

11. alemanolga

alemanolga New Member

If we cant have a real time chat evrybody let us know his or her msn messenger

Olga's Messenger : aleman_olga@hotmail.com

Add me and send more e mails so I can have you all

12. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

13. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL@Sara I think I am one of those additions ;D

My email is iseetrouble@hotmail.com
    My user name is Evil Stepsister ( don't ask LOL )

Julia

14. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

i think that chats a great idea, but we wud have to arrange different times that everyone would go on, and u wud have to remeber time differences as well, theres people from the uk, canada, and mexico, and other countries on here, but we wouldnt all go on at the same time, wud we? i mean ive been on the chat put above a couple of times, and no ones been on, so it could be confusing, but chat would be great!

Sarah :D

15. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Wow 17 in favour and 0 not in favour. Cool, well I'll look into how we can get real time chat going. I'll probably get something up in the beginning of May maybe. :)

Gary

16. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I had my Try at it but It didnt go over all that well, its hard with everyone being in different time zones.

17. joelle

joelle Guest

i just try it ad it works fine ! , although ther is nobody in teh chatroom at this moment .. oh well ill wait for a while to see if someone will come :p , we just have to advertise this chatroom more, so that everybody of wdwip knows theres one ! :p
    byeye
    joelle :p

18. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

Ya Didn't know if it was good enough to start a whole new thread for. I wanted some feedback first.

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

We should all be there around late evening for the europeans ( as most of us are from here ) and it would be afternoon for the people overseas. I have just checked it now ( 11 am my time ) and obviously no one was there. But I think it's a great addition and we should try to work something out.
    Julia

20. joelle

joelle Guest

well well , not much pple coming to the chat ... ill give it a try there tonight so if you feel so come and have a chat with me ( and maybe other pple who knows lol!) your so much welcome :p

byebye
    joelle :)