Question for ICP alumni

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by aabbiiee, Dec 30, 2011.

1. aabbiiee

aabbiiee New Member

After doing the ICP program, how was it to find a job? Do employers like the fact that you worked with Disney? Especially if you have already graduated from college/university, do you think working for Disney boosted your chances after you graduated?

2. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

Hey, I haven't graduated yet but I went for a job interview a few months back and they picked up on disney on my CV right away and a friend of mine has already been through 2 jobs since finishing the program, just mention disney in interview and they tend to like it. The program is what you make it, so some employers might not be too bothered but you can use it to talk about any strengths and things you learnt and apply it to whatever questions they ask. So I think it probably is good on the CV :D hope this helps..

3. aabbiiee

aabbiiee New Member

Thank you so much, that did help. I'm just a little nervous about the future since the job market is scarce right now and I graduate in a year with a BA in Communications.

4. LauraJayne

LauraJayne New Member

I'm glad it was a help, with a degree in communications I can imagine that Disney will look amazing on your CV, after all it is such a massive company and communications is obviously very important part of it :) just think of ways the program helps as you go through :) sure looks better than no job :D

5. Piglet

Piglet New Member

tbh it hasn't made the slightest difference to my cv, recruiters aren't even fussed about it and it's become common, i work for a hotel and met someone who had also worked on the Disney ICP! so it's like oh.. lol

6. TalkingDug

TalkingDug Member

I got a teaching job at my university and I believe it's because I talked a lot about working for disney on my application (communicating, problem solving, public speaking) so I think yeah it does help!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I haven't particularly found it helps a lot sadly :( disney store turned me down because "you know what its like to work in the parks and might struggle to adapt to the store" - personally I think that's a load of crud but I got a different job anyway who I think are keeping me on so yay...
    Xx

8. Piglet

Piglet New Member

thats such a lame excuse for the store to give! :eek: