QS F&B vs. FS F&B

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by kimmiedancer, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Ok so I understand these descriptions:

Full Service Food and Beverage
    Full-Service Food and Beverage is a non-tipped role.
    Responsibilities may include:

•Greeting and seating Guests in restaurants
    •Managing a seating chart and resolving Guest situations
    •Utilizing a computerized reservation/seating system
    •Cash handling - both manual and using computerized registers
    •Rolling silverware, folding napkins, and keeping area stocked
    •Light cleaning, multi-tasking
    •Standing for extended periods, working outdoors

Quick-Service Food and Beverage
    Responsibilities may include:

•Selling food and beverages at outdoor carts and/or indoor restaurants
    •Taking and filling orders, multi-tasking
    •Preparing and assembling food items in a kitchen area, including the use of a fryer, grill, broiler, and other industrial cooking equipment
    •Cash handling - both manual and using computerized registers
    •Bussing tables, cleaning kitchen and counter equipment, and emptying trash cans
    •Dispensing and selling alcoholic beverages
    •Setting and stocking tables, outdoor carts, and restaurants
    •Heavy lifting, pushing heavy carts
    •Working with cleaning chemicals
    •Working independently or as part of a large team
    •Standing for extended periods, working outdoors

...but I don't understand - why is QS F&B tipped and the other not? What's the difference?
    I would have thought Full Service Food and Beverage would be tipped as it's more like a restuarant?? :S

2. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

You've got it the wrong way round. Full service is indeed tipped, just as any full service restaurant. Quick service isn't tipped. After all, how many people tip in a McDonalds? Otherwise, you've got everything pretty much right, apart from the setting tables. That comes under Full Service.
    Quite simply... full service is like in a restaurant, (not sure where you're from, so UK examples:) like Zizzi, or Frankie & Bennys. Quick Service would be just that... quick. Not as much interaction with the guests, you just serve them. For example, McDonalds, or a Fish and Chip shop. The roles are slightly different in each, as you've said, but the differences are the expected ones. re-laying tables in FS, keeping the counter clean in QS. The tips are also as expected too. FS is tipped, QS is not.

Hope I've helped. :)

3. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Thanks!

Ooooh
    You see that's what I thought!

Actually - I got this straight from the website (the NZ/Auz version) - so they have it wrong on there!

So would FS be a full time job? I mean, people only really go to restaurants for lunch and dinner?
    ..also I read somewhere you can only earn tips after 6months or something?
    Is FS anywhere near as busy as QS?

...and I am from New Zealand :)

4. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

oh actually- it wouldn't be because NZ/Aussies can't be put in a tipped role, would it?
    I don't know why they would say we couldn't get a tipped role though :S

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

ICPs and CPs are always put in non-tipped roles, and if they catch you accepting a tip without reporting it (you have to turn it down 3x first). So whether or not you were in QS or FS you would be non-tipped.
    Although you can sometimes have a tip in QS... I got one.
    If you are in FS, you will probably be started on seating first. I don't know if they would move you to serving or not, and if so if you would be eligible for tips.

Also, in the USA and Canada, places like Starbucks often have tip jars - but it is down to personal preference as to whether or not you tip the employees there.
    Hope this helps :)
    xx

6. kimmiedancer

kimmiedancer New Member

Ooh.

our representative person said "Cast Members that work in Disney, are not allowed to accept tips. Having said that, it is common curtsey, to tip all services outside the Disney Parks."

What do you mean by:
    "you have to turn it down 3x first" ?

Do you know if FS is a slow sort of job?

OMG I didn't realise that Friday's meeting has interviews after! Eek!! Definately wasn't prepared for that!!! I shall have to read over the forums in tomorrow!!

7. Tink**

Tink** New Member

Please keep this in mind- No job is a slow job. All jobs are full time (30-40 hours a week).
    QS is paid slightly more than other positions, as it includes a small "tip" portion for working in the food industry. QS is around 7.25$/hour, while a position in Merchandise or Operations is only 6.50$/hour. FS positions paid about 3$/hour, plus tips- but ICPers are not usually placed in FS positions as a server. You may work as a hostess, but not a server, so don't worry about that position.