Problem with the online application

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by Julie*, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Julie*

Julie* New Member

Hi !

I am having trouble completing the online application for the Summer work experience.

I have an interview on January 26th and I have to bring with me the application that we can find here : https://www.disneyinternationalprograms.com/apply/

My problem is that I answered every fields and pages, but after completing page 6 "Previous Employment Information" I can't go any further. I can't go on the next page, it's kind of frozen on page 6.

Is someone in the same situation ?
    I'm going to contact : wdw.international.tech.support@disney.com Do you think it could help ? I can't finish my application and print it. :(

Thank you so much for your help !

2. meelie

meelie New Member

Hi! When I did mine for the CRP the application did exactly the same thing. It turned out that it was because I hadn't entered the phone number of my previous employer in the correct format. Where are you from? For me it needed the country code 0044 at the beginning as I'm from the UK. I'd put that in but not in the correct form, I can't remember exactly how it wanted it but try different options (I think it was either 0044, 44 or +44 for me) and it should work with one of them.
    Hope that helps and makes sense! Couldn't think of a better way to explain it. And also GOOD LUCK! Hope you're interview goes brilliantly xx

3. Julie*

Julie* New Member

Thank you so much for your quick answer and kind words ! :)

I'm from France so I have to write "+33" for Country code and then "+1" for city code. I even tried to write only +33 without the city code and... Nothing. Unfortunately it doesn't work even if I try again. I tried to complete the whole application like 10 times and it's still blocked on page 6. Moreover, I can only complete one employer (and not 5 as it is mentioned on the application help for that page) :(

I hope I will be able to complete it very soon, even if my interview is in 20 days, I'm totally stressed out by that situation !

Modification : Wow ! If I don't write any phone number for my 1st employer, it works !!! I have access to the second one !
    THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for your help, it really means a lot !! Thank you !! :) :)

Do you think I can leave the section blank ? It is written that I have to write as much information as I can, so if I completed the other parts correctly, it could be ok ?

Aaah, you can't imagine how relieved I am right now! ^^

4. meelie

meelie New Member

No problem :D I think that should be fine. At my interview they got people to write things in in pen that they had to leave blank becuase the online application didn't work. It seems like the whole system has problems so just do as much as you can do. It's only for them to read anyway I think, as far as I'm aware they don't contact your previous employers...or at least they don't in the UK :D It's best to just fill as much in as possible and if that means leaving out the phone numbers then I'm sure that's fine xxx

5. Julie*

Julie* New Member

Ok, Thank you sooooo much ! :D

Can I ask you another (stupid) question ?

At the top of the accreditation school letter 2011, it is written : "Dear (Recruitment Representative),"
    I may sound dumb but I don't know the name of the Recruitment Representative yet ??! Or is it the name of the representative I had the first skype interview with ? ("international service" = the recruitment agency for France, Italy, Germany, Norway etc.) Or is it something I should leave like that ? :-\
    (My university is going to sign all the documents tomorrow that's why I'm asking ^^)

6. meelie

meelie New Member

Unfortunately I can't answer this as I'm doing the CRP not ICP and we don't need to do this! Really sorry I can't help, I would email/call your recruitment agency and they should be able to help xx

7. Julie*

Julie* New Member

Ok, thank you so much, Meelie ! :D
    I'm sure you'll have an amazing year as a cultural rep ! :) x