Probably dumb questions, but I'd love some help from you guys!

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by enchanted, Nov 13, 2009.

1. enchanted

enchanted New Member

Hey everyone, I'm a first year uni student in the UK hoping to get on the program in the summer. Although I was thinking about applying before I even knew I'd got into university, what with all the excitement and stuff it only occurred to me yesterday to actually find out about it. I have a few questions and I'd love it if you guys could help me out!

1) It says on the website that the November interview dates are now full, which seems fair enough since it IS November! However, are there other interview dates, or have I missed my chance to be accepted for summer 2010?

2) If I am too late for 2010, how early do I need to apply for 2011?

3) If there are other interview dates, is the application I put in this morning good for them, or do I need to put in another one?

4) Roughly what percentage of people who apply get to go? Obviously I'm not expecting anyone to have proper statistics on this, but I'm wondering if anyone has a vague idea!

Thank you very much! :D

2. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Hmmm, I'll try and answer them!

1) I'm not sure. I think some unis have presentations later, but whether or not they are I don't know... Jason said that all the interviews are in one season this year, whatever that means!

2) You can apply whenever for 2011, but I'd recommend waiting until a bit closer to the time to, just to see if anything changes with your CV and whatnot - they officially open applications in the summer, so you probably wouldn't be able to apply until then!

3) If there are other dates, your application will be fine (as long as it's a proper application!).

4) I have absolutely no idea. They had over 1000 applications! I don't know whether Disney has a set number or whether they hire people they think are suitable. I don't think they ever let people know!

Hope this helps
    xx

3. Kevus

Kevus New Member

If I were you I would phone yummy jobs and ask if they were recruiting later in the year, sometimes they require after christmas and sometimes they dont.

4. enchanted

enchanted New Member

Thank you! So when did the people who have interviews this month apply?

Thank you, I think I will give this a go!

5. jdavies

jdavies New Member

i have my interview this month in london and i applied as soon as i knew i got into uni on the 20th august and i had to wait a couple of weeks for them to say they were processing my application. i dont know if you are too late to apply for summer now just give them a ring cause the f2f interviews may be full allready. hope this helps =]

6. catfish278

catfish278 Member

When I went in 2008, I applied in December 07 and luckily they were doing a second round of interview for that intake so my interview was at the end of feb and I found out I was in at the end of march. This time I applied in September and have my interview on Saturday! :D

7. enchanted

enchanted New Member

Oh, cool, so I might get lucky! :D By the way, I read your blog and I really enjoyed it, although I don't want to get too excited about the idea since it looks like there's a good chance I've missed out this year!

8. catfish278

catfish278 Member

You never know!! Thanks, I enjoyed writing it :p