Planning on staying in florida for a bit after finishing on the 3rd sept

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by lowrigokarts, Jan 2, 2010.

1. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

Hi i have just booked my flight.
    Im flying on the 20th June and finish on the 3rd Sept, but im staying there untill the 10th Sept.
    Im not sure what im doing yet, I might be going to Kansas to see my cousins, but i havent had a reply from them yet and I might decide to stay in Florida for a break.
    Anyone else deciding to stay there for a while after they finish?
    If you do, would it be a good idea to stay as a group and spend our time together instead of us all being on our own??

2. madridpolis

madridpolis New Member

Me too but I think i will be there till September 5th, add me to fb Eduardo Diaz from Spain

3. SiY

SiY New Member

I'm thinking of staying on, not sure whether to go travelling or stay in Florida for a bit. Either way i'd be up for doing something.

4. jdavies

jdavies New Member

me too. im flying back from new york on the 8th sept. but im gonna stay in florida maybe til the 5/6th...
    =]

5. lowrigokarts

lowrigokarts New Member

cool maybe we should all meet up. and go places together instead of being on our own. if you fancy it

And Eduardo I remember you in the interview, we were interviewed the same time :)

6. *sara*

*sara* New Member

Hi I'm thinking of staying til the 9th/10th so would be great to have some people to do stuff with, I know we're on a work visa so to stay after the 3rd do we have to apply for a tourist one at the same time to cover us?

7. catfish278

catfish278 Member

No as part of the work visa you get 30 days to travel afterwards... or stay in orlando. whatever you want to do but you've got 30 days!

8. Frou-Frou90

Frou-Frou90 New Member

Hi :( I've booked my return flight from JFK on the 14th, so have almost 2 weeks, wanna stay in miami, maybe fly to l.a. for a few days and then new york :)

9. Sofi

Sofi Guest

hey im returning 10th september too =] but i finish work on august 20th, might stay till the 17th or go back earlier, depends on what happens when im there but i have a flexi flight anyway x

10. SiY

SiY New Member

Are any of you flying from Manchester at all???

11. *sara*

*sara* New Member

I am and returning there too on the 13th

12. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I'm flying from Manchester, returning home from Chicago on the 13th.
    I'm with American Airlines though... is anyone else?

I'm def up to do something for a few days though... as long as I have 2 days in Chicago before I go home! :)
    xx

13. con8r

con8r New Member

Im gonna go to Las Vegas, California and id like to go to some of the wild wild west towns maybe Oatman in Arizona.

14. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Definitely hit The Art Institute in Chi-Town, it's an awesome gallery/museum.

15. Sofi

Sofi Guest

how do u decide where your going? like id love to go everywhere but how do u plan how ur gunna get there? is there trains and stuff u can get? cos most people drive but i dont have a car x

16. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

www.amtrak.com
    So easy to get around the States with Amtrak and you can buy certain passes (East Coast for example), so you can save a tonne of cash.

17. con8r

con8r New Member

Unless you are travelling within your own state its actually cheaper to fly than use amtrak as its quite expensive.

18. KingDavid

KingDavid New Member

Not always.
    Book the tickets in advance and they're usually cheap. Plus, the Amtrak stations are usually in the city centre where as you'll have to pay to get out to the airport.

No doubt flying is better, but Amtrak is pretty good too and much much better than train travel in the UK.

19. Sofi

Sofi Guest

thats a great site thanks!!